Vitamins and minerals aren’t new to us! (Though we’ll be discussing vitamins only)
Multivitamins are countless, as are the benefits of multivitamins. Vitamin A for better visual health, vitamin B for improved mental health, vitamin C for stronger immunity, vitamin D for bone health, vitamin E for skin and hair, and so on…
What are Multivitamins?
Multivitamins refer to the right combination of different types of vitamins that are important for our overall health. These are usually available as supplements. Normally, these vitamins can be obtained from dietary sources but if not taken enough, then supplements come to the rescue.
Advantages of Using Multivitamins
A general perception says that they can make you healthy. These supplements are used to treat vitamin deficiency disorders, boost specific body functions, or as a nutritional aid. But what are multivitamins used for?
Let’s dive deeper into this and see what are the potential benefits of multivitamins.
1- Multivitamins for a Flawless Skin
Who doesn’t want healthy and younger-looking skin for life? To your surprise, skin health is one of the first things that get affected by multivitamins. Here are important vitamins for skin that you need to know about;
- Vitamin A is a renowned antioxidant, slowing down skin ageing and helps with skin conditions such as psoriasis etc.
- Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid keeps your skin younger and prevents premature skin ageing.
- Next skin healthy multivitamin is vitamin E. It prevents skin damage due to sunlight and promotes healthy skin. It works best when used in combination with vitamin C.
- Vitamin D is also a skin-healthy vitamin that boosts skin repair mechanisms and reduces oxidative stress. It also prevents skin ageing.
- Vitamin K can help with the dark spots, skin scarring and dark circles alongside aiding the skin healing process.
All these vitamins are good for skin and skin healthy multivitamin supplements contain these vitamins in the right combination. These vitamins are also a component of facial masks.
2- Have Luscious Hair Strands with Multivitamins
Just like there are multivitamins for the skin, there are many benefits of multivitamins for your hair health. You have probably heard of biotin supplements for hair growth, they are nothing but Vitamin B-7.
Not only vitamin B-7 but other multivitamins for hair health such as vitamin D etc. Not getting enough of these vitamins can cause hair loss, hair thinning, or damaged hair. So they do support hair health and if you are struggling with poor hair health it is recommended to consume these.
3- Improves Immune System
No one wants to get sick but what can you do to reduce your risk of being sick? An efficient immune system is needed to keep problems at a bay thus, promoting a healthy body. When it comes to a healthy immune system, the benefits of multivitamins can’t be denied. Vitamins A, C, D, and E are the ones that can help to boost a healthy immune system.
4- Boosts Your Mood and Brain Function
Your diet affects your mental and emotional health to a greater extent. There is an established link between the consumption of these multivitamins and improved mental and emotional health. Here is what you need to know about this;
- Folic acid or Vitamins B9 support mental health and is directly related to memory function and cognitive development.
- Niacin or vitamin B-3 can help to increase the communication between brain cells thus, helping with depression. Further, it contributes to mood regulation and happiness.
- Vitamin D, also known as sunshine vitamin can keep your mood swings in control alongside preventing depression.
5- Healthy Muscles and Bones
Next in the list of advantages of multivitamins comes their role towards muscles and bone strength.
- Vitamin A, is known to play its role in muscle growth and helps to build heavy muscle.
- Vitamin D, as it affects the absorption of calcium in our body, helps us to have stronger bones alongside retaining normal muscle function.
- Vitamin C works by affecting the production of collagen, providing muscles and bones strength. Further, it helps to reduce the oxidative stress that could be damaging for your muscles.
Have you got an idea about what these are used for? I hope all these benefits are sufficiently convincing.
How to Use Multivitamins?
A general rule says that the benefits of multivitamins will be the ones coming from individual vitamin elements that are part of that particular vitamin supplement. However, the overall benefit depends upon how these multivitamins interact in each other’s presence.
Multivitamins interaction depending upon metabolism and absorption in the body can be either enhancing or limiting their function. No matter what a multivitamin is used for, you need to have enough information regarding its benefits.
Are There Any Multivitamin Side Effects?
There are multivitamins for hair, skin, and what not. These supplements are readily available in the market and you may think that you need to start consuming these.
But, be mindful that there is a downside to it. These usually come in combination with minerals, consuming these in larger amounts and for a long time can pose serious side effects to your health.
Here are the common multivitamin side effects you need to be aware of.
- Poor digestive health
- Stomach burning
- Disrupted sleep pattern
- Altered urination pattern
- Heart rate changes
Your body takes some time to adjust to vitamin intake and many of these symptoms go away with time. However, while using these you must need to consider multivitamin side effects.
Multivitamins supplements are quite common and popular. There are countless benefits of multivitamins; from multivitamins for skin health to hair, they serve several purposes. You can enjoy all these benefits by consuming the right food thus, consumption of a nutritionally healthy diet comes as a first choice.
You can still rely upon supplements and consume them by keeping in mind that there are multivitamin side effects. So, it is always better to be mindful of the ingredients your multivitamins contain.
For medical advice regarding these, you consult the best nutritionist in Lahore via Healthwire.pk.