Flatulence is reduced by adopting a healthy lifestyle and swallowing less air. As you know, flatulence is not a serious complication but can easily be treated at home. Certain prescription and over-the-counter medications are also beneficial for their treatment.
The best Treatable Home Remedies are:
Avoid carbohydrates rich foods that are more able to cause flatulence.
Low carbohydrates containing foods that are easier to digest:
- Citrus fruits
If people can't take as many carbohydrates but they should maintain their daily requirements. So consult the nutritionist before reducing carbohydrates rich food.
Other ways to reduce flatulence include:
- Eat smaller chunks of meals on daily basis ( at least 4 to 6 smaller meals per day)
- Add peppermint tea in your diet plan
- Eating slowly
- Chew the food thoroughly for proper digestion
- Avoid chewing gum and carbonated drinks
- Quit smoking
- Intake of low lactose dairy products.
- Eat fermented beans before cooking
- Do physical exercises vigorously
- Place the charcoal pads inside clothing help to absorb released gas
- Intake of probiotics
Over-the-counter medications include:
- Antacids- It helps to reduce the acidic condition in the digestive tract. Those medications are more efficient which contain simethicone and bismuth.
- Probiotics- These products are helpful to kill bad bacteria and add good bacteria to the digestive tract.
- Lactase Products- Such as Lactaid and Dairy Ease for the prevention of people suffering from lactose intolerance.
- Beano- Helps to digest sugars in beans and many other vegetables. A doctor may also prescribe certain drugs that improve digestion quickly. That is good for reducing flatulence and bloating.
Do not take any medications without a doctor’s consultation.
In case you exhibit any concerning signs and symptoms for flatulence, consult a medical professional as soon as possible.