Connect with the Best Pediatricians in Karachi
291 Child Specialist available in Karachi
Also known as Pediatricians, Children Doctors, Baby Consultants, Child Specialists, Kids Doctors, Baby Doctors, Doctors of Peads, Mahir-e-imraz-e-itfal, Bachoun ka doctor, بچوں کے سپیشلسٹ ڈاکٹر , ماہرِ امراضِ اطفال
Sort by :
Dr. M. N. Lal
Pediatrician | MBBS, MCPS, MD, DCH
Years of Experience
Park Lane Hospital ( Clifton )Rs 3000
South City Hospital ( Clifton )Rs 4000
Dr. Mehnaz Atiq
Pediatric Cardiologist • Pediatrician | MBBS, FCPS
Years of Experience
South City Hospital ( Clifton )Rs 3500
The doctor was professional and focused but he needs to work on the waiting time.
Dr. Ibrahim Yousaf
Pediatrician | MBBS, DCH, MD, MRSH, PGPN, IPPN
Years of Experience
Tahir Medical Center ( Dhoraji )Rs 2300
A very humble and experienced doctor.
Dr. Rajesh Bansari
Hepatologist • Internal Medicine Specialist • Pediatric Gastroenterologist • Pediatrician • Medical Specialist • General Physician • Gastroenterologist | MBBS, FCPS
Years of Experience
Dr. Nasir Saleem Sadal
Pediatrician • Pediatric Surgeon | MBBS, FCPS, FPO, FAC
Years of Experience
Excellent experience. Very knowledgeable and helpful.
Dr. Sameera Saleem
Years of Experience
Prof. Dr. Shahid Hussain
Pediatrician | MBBS, FCPS, DCH, MCPS
Years of Experience
Dr. Adnan Bashir
Pediatrician | MBBS,MCPS,FCPS
Years of Experience
Dr. Haresh Kumar
Years of Experience
Dr. Rafat Nasir
Pediatrician • General Physician | MBBS, RMP
Years of Experience
If you face any issue, feel free to contact us. We provide 24/7 support to assist your problems
What is Pediatrics?
Pediatrics is a specialized field of medicine. It deals with the study, research, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of various types of diseases plus disorders related to infants, children, and teenagers.
Who is a Pediatrician?
A pediatrician or child specialist is a doctor of pediatrics. A child specialist is responsible for diagnosing and treating all kinds of health conditions in infants, children, and teenagers.
بچوں کے اسپیشلسٹ ڈاکٹر کو پیڈیاٹریشن یا ماہرِ امراضِ اطفال بھی کہا جاتا ہے۔ ماہرِ امراض اطفال بچوں میں ہر طرح کی بیماریوں جیسا کہ نمونیہ، ڈائریا، دمہ، اور چکن پاکس کی تشخیص اور علاج میں مدد فراہم کرتے ہیں۔ اس کے علاوہ پیڈیاٹریشن بچوں کی صحت کو برقرار رکھنے کے لیے والدین کو تجاویز بھی دیتے ہیں۔
When to Visit a Child Specialist?
You need to immediately visit a pediatrician if you observe a change in your child health. Some of the major symptoms as per condition are as follows
for your children when you notice the following symptoms in your child.
- A high fever over 104°F
- A fever of above 104°F or a baby under 3 months
- A fever that is not getting better even after giving over-the-counter medicines to the kids
- Any other symptoms such as sore throat, ear pain, headache, stiff neck, abdomen pain, etc
Cough, on the other hand, is a symptom of many illnesses such as bronchitis, flu, and cold. Hence, you need to visit a child specialist for coughing when:
- Cough getting worse each day
- Fast breathing
- Cough that lasts for more than a week
It is one of the scary symptoms. Vomiting in children can be due to any food allergy, gastroenteritis, or flu. It can lead to severe dehydration. Consult a child specialist immediately if any of the following symptoms are present:
- Stomach of a child is hard or tender while touching
- Signs of dehydration such as sunken eyes, dry mouth, few tears while crying, few wet diapers than normal (in babies)
- Excessive sleepiness in babies
- Vomiting not spitting in babies under 2 months old
- A child is unable to keep down the liquid
It is a common symptom in children. They can get irritable for various reasons. However, it can be a sign of illness as well. So, you need to consult a child specialist near you when:
- Baby is inconsolable
- Child is crying more than normal
- Other symptoms such as headache or fever
اگر آپ کا بچہ کچھ مسائل جیسا کہ بخار، کھانسی، قے، یا بے چینی کا شکار ہو جائے تو آپ کو فوری طور پر اپنے بچے کو پیڈیاٹریشن کے پاس لے کر جانا چاہیئے۔ بچوں میں اگر طبی علامات شدت اختیار کر جائیں تو انہیں کنٹرول کرنا قدرے مشکل ثابت ہو سکتا ہے، کیوں کہ بچوں کا مدافعاتی نظام بڑوں کی طرح مضبوط نہیں ہوتا۔
With Healthwire you can immediately connect with the best pediatrician near you in Karachi. You can also visit a top pediatrician in Karachi for vaccination and regular health checkup of your child.
What Are the Other Names of Pediatricians?
A pediatrician in Karachi is also commonly known as
- Children Doctor
- Baby Consultant
- Child Specialist
- Kids Doctor
- Baby Doctor
- Doctor of Peads
- Bachoun ka doctor
- بچوں کے سپیشلسٹ ڈاکٹر
- ماہرِ امراضِ اطفال
How Many Types of Pediatricians are There?
Pediatrics is a broad field of science that is further divided into various subspecialties depending on the area of concern.
Some of the major types of pediatricians in Karachi include
- Neonatal-Perinatal Pediatricians- These child specialists are responsible for providing complete medical care to infants. They treat premature babies and those who are critically ill right after birth.
- Adolescent Medicine Specialists are responsible for treating patients of the age group from 11 to 21 years old.
- Critical Care Pediatricians- These doctors help medical experts who treat children in critical or unstable health conditions. These doctors are normally seen working in the ICU department of the hospital.
- Child Abuse Pediatricians are experts in treating a child who has suffered from abuse or neglect.
- Developmental Behavioural Pediatricians evaluated the behavioural development of children and teenagers
- Pediatric Cardiologists deal with heart-related diseases plus disorders in children.
- Pediatric Gastroenterologists treat the gut and digestive issues in children.
- Pediatric Endocrinologists treat hormones and thyroid-related diseases such as diabetes in children
- Pediatric Oncologists are experts in treating cancers in children.
- Pediatric Nephrologists are specialist doctors for treating diseases of the kidney, urinary system, and urinary tract infections in children.
- Pediatric Neurologists- These child specialists are responsible for diagnosing and treating diseases related to brain.
- Pediatric Pulmonologists- These doctors deal in diagnosing, treating, and managing breathing problems and lung diseases in children.
- Pediatric Rheumatologists-Musculoskeletal disorders such as chronic pain and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in children are treated by these specialists.
- Pediatric Hematology- Blood-related diseases and disorders in children are treated by these doctors.
- Pediatric Dermatology- These specialist doctors deal in treating skin-related issues in children.
- Pediatric Psychiatry- Mental health, behavioral, autism, and other related issues in children are treated by these doctors.
- Pediatric Surgeons- These doctors surgically provide surgical treatment to children.
You can easily consult with a top child specialist in Karachi for a comprehensive treatment plan for your kid via Healthwire.
What Conditions and Diseases do Pediatricians Treat?
You can consult a certified child specialist in Karachi for the treatment of common and rare diseases in children.
Some of the common diseases treated by a child specialist in Karachi are:
- Abdominal Diseases in Children are common diseases in children. These can affect children between the age of 7 to 10 years old. Gastroenteritis is the most common abdominal disease in children.
- Allergies in Children are an immune response. Some of the common allergies in children are hay fever, nasal congestion, ear infection, and food allergies.
- Teething Issues in Children - Babies start teething between the age of 4 and 7 months. In some children, it can be at a later age. The common teething issues in children can make them cranky, fussy, have difficulty sleeping, etc.
- Fever - It is a sign of infection in your body. Temperature of the body is increased in fever. A person would feel chills, shivering, headache, swelling, irritation, loss of appetite, sweating, etc during fever.
- Sore Throat is a type of infection. In a sore throat, a person feels pain, scratchiness, and a burning sensation at the back of the throat. If the sore throat gets worse, it can change into flu or cold.
- Measles - Khasra or measles is an infectious disease. It affects children under age 5. But, it can also affect adults with a compromised immune system.
- Mumps - It is a contagious viral infection. Mumps typically emerge with a fever, followed by headache, muscle aches, fatigue, and loss of appetite.
- Common Cold is a common health condition. Common cold is accompanied by sore throat, runny nose, coughing, and wheezing.
- Meningitis - It is an inflammation of the membrane covering the brain and spinal cord. Meningitis normally causes inflammation.
- Tonsils - It is commonly caused by bacterial infection. Tonsilitis is identified as inflammed tonsils at the back of the throat.
- Malaria - It is a life threatening disease. Malaria is caused by the bite of an infected Anopheles mosquito.
- Chickenpox - It is a common disease in children. Vaccine for chickenpox is now available. The symptoms of chickenpox last for about 1-2 weeks.
Other common diseases in children include polio, pneumonia in children, respiratory tract infections, dwarfism, growth disorders, choleostasis, scarlet fever, hiccups, hepatitis A, etc.
What are the Most Common Diseases in Children in Pakistan?
According to the data shared by National Emergency Department Survellience in 2015, children under 16 years of age suffered from the following diseases:
- Injury (39.4%)
- Constitutional (fever, lethargy, lassitude, weakness, loss of appetite, etc) (18.9%)
- Gastrointestinal (18.3%)
- Respiratory (13.7%)
- Neurological (12.8%)
- Cardiovascular (6.3%)
- Musculoskeletal (6%)
- Skin and psychological health issues (3.1%)
- Eye and otolaryngology (2.3%)
- Genitourinary (2.1%)
The National Institute of Child Health (NICH) is one of the largest tertiary care pediatric hospitals in Karachi. The research conducted in its emergency department in 2019 reported that respiratory and gastrointestinal health issues were more prevalent in kids. The breakdown of emergency cases in NICH was:
- Sepsis in neonates (23.8%)
- Low birth weight/preterm (18.4%)
- Respiratory distress and pneumonia in neonates (15.2%)
In the case of infants and children, 37.3% cases of respiratory issues, 16.4% of gastrointestinal issues, and 15.9% of multisystem health issues were common.
So, if your child suffers from any health issue you can easily consult with the best peads doctor in Karachi. You can also find the best peads clinic near you via Healthwire.
Scope of Pediatricians in Karachi
Infectious diseases are the biggest reason for the death of children in Pakistan. Each year, 60% of children under the age of 5 in Pakistan die due to such diseases. WHO reports that there are three major contributors to child deaths in Pakistan which are pneumonia (21%), diarrheal illnesses (18%), and neonatal infections (15%).
This ratio shows that there is a dire need for pediatricians in Pakistan. However, there are very few universities in Pakistan that offer pediatrics.
So, if you have an interest in becoming a pediatrician, you’ll have to study biology in matriculation and intermediate. Pass the medical exams. Get admission in MBBS. Then, you need to do a specialization in pediatrics.
How is Pediatrics Improving in Pakistan?
Over the last few decades, pediatrics has seen great potential in Pakistan. According to the research conducted by Agha Khan University, pediatric emergency medicine has evolved as a potential subspecialty. iPediatric surgery is another subspecialty that is going to be a game changer for pediatric services in Pakistan.
Some of the major advancements in pediatrics worldwide and even in Pakistan are:
- New immunizations
- Cancer immunotherapy
- Genomic discoveries
- Increased and improved survival rate of preemies
- Reduced sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)
- Biggest breakthrough in last 40 years in treating chronic diseases such as sickle cell anemia
What are Common Services Offered by Pediatricians in Karachi?
Some of the common services and treatments offered by the top child specialists/pediatricians in Karachi are:
- Complete physical examination of the children
- Diagnose and treat injuries, infections, illnesses, disorders, and other health issues in children
- Assess the behavior and growth of children
- Guide you properly regarding the growth and development of your child.
- Hospice and palliative medicine
- Emergency critical care
- Infectious disease management
- Provide recommended immunization/vaccination to your children
- Work in collaboration with other specialists when your child becomes sick.
Our child specialists in Karachi can help you with a customized treatment plan according to your child’s condition.
How to Choose the Top Pediatrician in Karachi?
To choose the best child specialist near you in Karachi via Healthwire, always consider the following points:
- Years of experience
- Qualification of doctor
- What services does the doctor provide
- Read the patient reviews
- PMC verified check
You can also get help through online video consultation from a certified and best-reviewed pediatrician in Karachi via Healthwire.
How Can I Book an Appointment with the Best Child Specialist in Karachi?
Healthwire has now made connecting with top pediatricians in Karachi more accessible, fast, and easy. You can now book an appointment instantly with a male or female pediatrician of your choice in Karachi, anywhere anytime.
To book an appointment with the best pediatrician in Karachi you can visit Healthwire or call 02137130261. You can also opt for 'online consultation' with our expert child specialists anywhere all over Pakistan with our specialists, subject to their availability hours.
For affordable, accessible, and quick healthcare services all over Pakistan, you can rely on Healthwire because we believe in 'Apki Sehat Hamari Tarjeeh'.
Pediatricians in Top Hospitals of Karachi
- Pediatrician in Bayview hospital
- Pediatrician in Hill park general hospital
- Pediatrician in Zainab panjwani memorial hospital
- Pediatrician in Dow university hospital (ojha camp)
- Pediatrician in Hamdard university hospital (taj medical complex)
- Pediatrician in Holy family hospital (karachi)
- Pediatrician in Al fatima clinic
- Pediatrician in Lifeline hospital
- Pediatrician in Boulevard hospital
- Pediatrician in Altamash general hospital
- Pediatrician in Mumtaz hospital
- Pediatrician in Neuro mind hospital
- Pediatrician in National medical centre (karachi)
- Pediatrician in Institute of surgery & medicine (ism)
- Pediatrician in Karachi adventist hospital / 7th day
- Pediatrician in Civil hospital karachi
- Pediatrician in Midcity hospital / nibd
- Pediatrician in Indus hospital korangi
- Pediatrician in Child care clinic
- Pediatrician in Munawar hospital
Doctors for Treatment in Karachi
- Doctors for Abdomen diseases in children in Karachi
- Doctors for Abdominal pain in Karachi
- Doctors for Allergies in children in Karachi
- Doctors for Cholestasis in Karachi
- Doctors for Common cold in Karachi
- Doctors for Dwarfism in Karachi
- Doctors for Fever in Karachi
- Doctors for Food poisoning in Karachi
- Doctors for Hepatitis a in Karachi
- Doctors for Hernia in Karachi
- Doctors for Hiccups in Karachi
- Doctors for Hypothyrodism in Karachi
- Doctors for Malaria in Karachi
- Doctors for Meningitis in Karachi
- Doctors for Mumps in Karachi
- Doctors for Pneumonia in children in Karachi
- Doctors for Polio in Karachi
- Doctors for Respiratory tract infections (rti) in Karachi
- Doctors for Rickets in Karachi
- Doctors for Scarlet fever (scarlatina) in Karachi
Male/Female Child Specialists
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the fee range of the Pediatrician in Karachi?
Depending upon the doctor’s practicing hospital, education and experience, the fee for a consultation with a Pediatrician is between 500-3000 (PKR).
How can I book an appointment with the top Pediatrician in Karachi?
To book an appointment, find the list of the top Pediatrician in Karachi or call 04232500989. You can also opt for the video consultation anywhere in Pakistan with the Pediatrician, subject to their availability hours.
How can I find the best Pediatrician near me in Karachi?
Visit Healthwire or download the healthwire app to get connected with the best Pediatrician near you in Karachi.
How can I find the most experienced Pediatrician in Karachi?
To connect with the most experienced Pediatrician in Karachi visit Healthwire. Search for the speciality you are looking for, and you’ll be directed to a list of Pediatrician in the Karachi. Visit the doctor’s profile to review the experience of any doctor.
How do I choose a Pediatrician?
Finding and connecting with a good doctor is important for proper diagnosis and treatment. You need to consider the following points before you visit a doctor:
- Make sure the doctor is PMC verified
- Make sure the doctor is experienced
- Check for the reviews about the doctor
- Check the services that the doctor is offering
- Check the hospital in which the doctor is practicing
Who is the best Pediatrician in Karachi?
Following are the 5 best Pediatricians in Karachi:
- Dr. M. N. Lal
- Dr. Mehnaz Atiq
- Dr. Ibrahim Yousaf
- Dr. Nasir Saleem Sadal
- Dr. Rajesh Bansari