Keep in mind that teething is not related to any of these conditions:
- High fever
- Runny nose or coughing
All of these indicate some other viral or bacterial infection and should be treated immediately.
In which order do the teeth appear in children?
Although the age factor can vary but generally, teeth appear in the following order:
- Central incisors: 6-12 months of age
- Lateral incisors: 9-16 months of age
- Canine teeth: 16-23 months of age
- First molars: 13-19 months of age
- Second molars: 22-24 months of age
Between the age of 6-12 years, children begin losing these baby teeth and they are replaced by 32 permanent adult teeth.
Usually, the teething causes discomfort in the first few days of teeth eruption.