Top Certified General Surgeons in Abbottabad
12 General Surgeon available in Abbottabad
Also known as Surgeon ,جنرل سرجن
Sort by :
General surgery is a distinguished branch of medicine that primarily deals with the study of performing surgery. The study focuses mostly on the abdominal region that includes the area of esophagus, small intestine, large intestine, liver, pancreas and the gut region.
Who is a General Surgeon?
General surgeon is a medical practitioner who studys, diagnoses and performs surgeries on abdominal regions. They may also perform surgery on other ‘general’ organs, but typically their procedures are more about treating hernias, stomach issues, intestinal issues, gallbladder and appendicitis.
Types of General Surgeon
Typically a general surgeon will specialize in one or more medical subspecialties. Some of these surgeries can be;
- Trauma Surgery- is a surgical procedure specific for trauma injuries in an emergency or acute setup. This procedure can be both operative and non-operative.
- Laparoscopic Surgery - Laparoscopic surgery is a surgical technique using short, narrow tubes in the abdomen through very small incisions.
- Colorectal Surgery - Colorectal surgery specifically deals with the disorders and disabilities in the large intestine region especially rectum, colon and anus.
- Breast Surgery - Breast surgery is a procedure that performs surgical procedures on a woman or man's breasts.
- Vascular Surgery - Vascular surgery is a surgical subspecialty that treats the diseases and disorders of the veins, arteries, lymphatic system requiring minimally invasive procedures.
- Endocrine Surgery - Endocrine surgery is primarily focused on the endocrine glands such as thyroid gland, pancreas and adrenal glands.
- Transplant Surgery - Transplant Surgery is where you replace a damaged organ with another organ.
- Surgical Oncology - These surgeries are typically for removing cancerous tumors.
- Pediatric surgery - Pediatric surgery is a subspecialty of general surgery that performs surgeries on children.
- Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery - Oral and maxillofacial surgery is another surgical speciality that has surgical procedures involving reconstruction of facial trauma, jaw cavity, oral cavity, neck, mouth and cosmetic surgery.
- Urological Surgery - Urologic surgery is using surgical intervention for treating disorders related to pelvic, urogenital and gynecological areas.
Common Names of a General Surgeon
Also known as
- جنرل سرجن
General Surgeons in Abbottabad
Abbottabad, the 40th largest city of Pakistan, also known as the “city of pines” is one of the strategically important cities. From one of the highest literary regions to the tourism hub, Abbottabad also caters to the advanced medical healthcare facilities in the region. People from all over Pakistan, visit Abbottabad for healthcare services. From consultants to specialists, you can easily find the best doctors as per your need. Consultation with the experienced and certified General Surgeons in Abbottabad is now just a click away via Healthwire.pk.
Diseases and Disorders Treated by General Surgeons
- Abdominal Pain
- Endocrine Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gynecologic Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Gallbladder Surgery
- GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease)
- Colon complications
- Enlarged spleen
- Trauma to spleen
- Tumors in the adrenal gland
- Kidney complications
- Vascular complications
- High blood pressure
- Crohn’s Diseases
- IBD (inflammatory Bowel Disease)
- Liver Cirrhosis
Services and Treatments by General Surgeons in Abbottabad
- Minimally Invasive Gallbladder Removal (Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy)
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass (RYGB)
- Hernia Repair Surgery (open & laparoscopic)
- Minimal Invasive Appendix Removal (Laparoscopic appendectomy)
- Splenectomy (Open & Laparoscopic)
- Carotid endarterectomy- Is an advanced surgical procedure that is performed to relieve blocked arteries in order to prevent stroke. Cataract surgery.
- Cesarean section (also called a c-section) is the surgical procedure of delivering a baby when simple delivery is complicated and poses a threat to mother’s and baby’s life.
- Cholecystectomy is surgical removal of gallbladder when there are gallstones or tumor development.
- Coronary artery bypass is a surgical procedure that helps with removing the blockage from the coronary artery.
- Skin grafting of a trauma wound, burn or infection by removing the damaged tissues or organ.
- Hemorrhoidectomy - is the surgery for the removal of hemorrhoids and damaged veins in the large intestinal area.
- Hysterectomy is a complicated surgical removal of the uterus through abdominal or vaginal incision.
- Surgical repair of hernia and putting the intestine into its original location.
- Low back pain surgeries to fix spinal cord or disc structures.
- Mastectomy is a surgical removal or reconstruction of the breast.
- Tonsillectomy is the surgical removal of the tonsils when they are severely infected.
- Prostatectomy is the surgical removal of the reproductive gland in men that becomes tumorous.
Best General Surgeons in Abbottabad- Book an Appointment
Now you can easily book an appointment with the qualified and expert doctors from every part of Abbottabad. Healthwire’s male and female top General Surgeons in Abbottabad are famous for their extensive treatment. Our best doctors in Abbottabad are practising in well-reputed hospitals and private clinics. For any queries and ambiguities, you can always reach out to us at healthwire.pk. To book an appointment you can call at 04232500989 or opt for an online video consultation anywhere from all over Pakistan with our specialists, subject to their availability hours.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the fee range of the General Surgeon in Abbottabad?
Depending upon the doctor’s practicing hospital, education and experience, the fee for a consultation with a General Surgeon is between 500-3000 (PKR).
How can I book an appointment with the top General Surgeon in Abbottabad?
To book an appointment, find the list of the top General Surgeon in Abbottabad or call 04232500989. You can also opt for the video consultation anywhere in Pakistan with the General Surgeon, subject to their availability hours.
How can I find the best General Surgeon near me in Abbottabad?
Visit Healthwire or download the healthwire app to get connected with the best General Surgeon near you in Abbottabad.
How can I find the most experienced General Surgeon in Abbottabad?
To connect with the most experienced General Surgeon in Abbottabad visit Healthwire. Search for the speciality you are looking for, and you’ll be directed to a list of General Surgeon in the Abbottabad. Visit the doctor’s profile to review the experience of any doctor.
How do I choose a General Surgeon?
Finding and connecting with a good doctor is important for proper diagnosis and treatment. You need to consider the following points before you visit a doctor:
- Make sure the doctor is PMC verified
- Make sure the doctor is experienced
- Check for the reviews about the doctor
- Check the services that the doctor is offering
- Check the hospital in which the doctor is practicing
Who is the best General Surgeon in Abbottabad?
Following are the 5 best General Surgeons in Abbottabad:
- Dr. Arshid Zafar
- Dr. Maj Rt. Samson Graffon
- Dr. Haider Kamran
- Dr. Aminullah Afridi
- Dr. Irfan Khattak