A neurologist or brain doctor is a specialized medical doctor who treats various diseases and disorders of the brain and related conditions.
2 Top Certified Neurologists/Brain Specialists in Abbottabad
Also known as Brain Doctor, Neuro Physician, Neuro Specialist, Neuro Consultant,Mahir-e-ilm-ul asaab and دماغ کے سپیشلسٹ ڈاکٹر
Neurology is a specialized field of medicine that deals with the study, research, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of the various types of diseases plus disorders related to the brain and nervous system.
Who is a Neurologist?
A neurologist is a medical health specialist who deals with the diagnosis, treatment, management and prevention of various diseases plus disorders of the nervous system.
Types of Neurologists
The nervous system is really complex therefore a neurologist has to specialize in the particular area of neurology. For this, a neurologist need specific training and fellowship
Following are the 14 major types of specialist neurologists:
- Headache Medicine Specialists- These neurologists provide medication and treatment for all kinds of headache.
- Clinical Neurologists- These doctors deal with the diagnosis of nerve diseases and diagnostic tests related to other brain disorders.
- Neuromuscular Medicine Specialists- These specialists mainly treat neuromuscular disorders because the nervous system and neuromuscular systems are linked.
- Neuro-Oncologists- These specialist neurologists are involved in treating tumours of the brain and nervous system.
- Neurocritical Care Specialists- Neurological disorders and traumatic brain injuries are treated by these specialist doctors.
- Geriatric Neurologists- These specialist neurologists are involved in diagnosing and treating neurological diseases plus disorders in elderly people.
- Autonomic Disorder Specialists- These specialists are trained in evaluating and treating people with autonomic disorders.
- Vascular Neurologists- These neurologists are specialists in treating the problems of the brain due to the circulatory system such as stroke.
- Pediatric Neurologists- All the brain plus nervous system disorders and diseases of children and teenagers are treated by these neurologists.
- Interventional Neurologists- These specialists instead of using open surgery, use advanced radiology imaging and 3D technology, diagnose and treat diseases.
- Epilepsy Neurologists- These specialists diagnose, treat and help manage epilepsy.
- Neurosurgeons- These neurologists are experts in providing surgical treatment for diseases plus disorders of the brain.
- Sleep Medicine Specialists- These are specialist neurologists who treat sleeping disorders due to neurological issues in patients.
- Neuropsychologists- These specialists are involved in neuropsychological testing to check the specific impairments in the brain and their severity level.
Common Names of Neurologists
Neurologists in Abbottabad are also known as
- Brain Doctors
- Neuro Physicians
- Neuro Specialists
- Neuro Consultants
- Doctors of Neurology
- Brain Specialist
- Mahir-e-ilm-ul asaab
- دماغ کے سپیشلسٹ ڈاکٹر
Brain Specialists/Neurologists in Abbottabad
Abbottabad- the 40th largest city of Pakistan, also known as the “city of pines” is one of the strategically important cities. From one of the highest literary regions to the tourism hub, Abbottabad also caters to the advanced medical healthcare facilities in the region. People visit Abbottabad to benefit from the advanced medical healthcare facilities.
From consultants to specialists, you can easily find the best doctors as per your need. Consultation with the experienced, certified best neurophysicians in Abbottabad is now just a click away via Healthwire.pk.
Diseases and Disorders Treated by Neurologists
Common diseases and disorders treated by the best neurologists in Abbottabad are:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Brain tumours
- Brain trauma
- Cerebellar disorders
- Degenerative nerve disorder
- Headaches, migraines and sinus
- Infections (bacterial, fungal and viral)
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Stroke care
- Movement disorders
- Spinal cord disorders
- Parkinson’s disease
- Stroke care
- Sleep disorders
- Sinus Problem
- Tourette’s Syndrome etc
Services and Treatments by Brain Specialists/Neurologists in Abbottabad
Neurophysicians or neurologists perform various tests and procedures to treat neurological disorders. Some of the common services and treatments offered by the top neurologists in Abbottabad are:
- A complete examination of neurological diseases plus disorders.
- Electromyography- In this procedure, the neurologist checks how the muscle of the person responds to electrical stimulation from the motor neurons. These EMG results are used by neurologists to diagnose ALS, myasthenia and other neuromuscular diseases.
- Electroencephalogram- In this procedure, electrodes are placed on the person’s head by a specialist technician. The electrical signals obtained are obtained on the screen after being converted from electrical signals into patterns. The EEG results are used to diagnose sleeping problems, seizures, epilepsy and brain tumours.
- Lumbar Puncture- It is a procedure, in which a sample of spinal fluid is taken from the brain and is used to diagnose diseases such as meningitis, myelitis, encephalitis, leukaemia, bleeding in the brain, dementia, multiple sclerosis etc.
- Tensilon Test- It is a blood test used to diagnose a rare neuromuscular disease “myasthenia gravis”.
- Other tests include angiography, biopsy, genetic testing, blood and urine analysis, ultrasounds, PET, MRI and imaging tests.
Other common services that neurophysicians in Abbottabad can offer include:
- Comprehensive neurological care
- Headaches and migraine care
- Memory disorders treatment
- Autoimmune disorders treatments
- Neuromuscular disorders treatment
- Back and spine problems care
- Numbness, weakness and balancing problems treatment
- Epilepsy and seizures service
- Stroke and neurovascular care
- Parkinson’s tremor and movement disorder care
- Neuromuscular and peripheral nerve disorder treatment etc
Our best brain specialist in Abbottabad will carefully examine your condition and will draft a customized treatment plan accordingly.
Best Neurologists in Abbottabad - Book Appointment
Now you can easily book an appointment with a qualified and expert brain specialist from every part of Abbottabad. Healthwire’s best male and female neurologists in Abbottabad are famous for their extensive treatment. Our top neurologist/brain specialists in Abbottabad are practising in well-reputed hospitals and private clinics. For any queries and ambiguities, you can always reach out to us at healthwire.pk.
To book an appointment with the best neurologist/neuro physician in Abbottabad you can call at 04232500989 or opt for an online video consultation anywhere from all over Pakistan with our doctor, subject to their availability hours.
Neurologists in Top Hospitals of Abbottabad
Doctors for Treatment in Abbottabad
Frequently Asked Questions
During your first visit, the neurologist would ask about your medical history, conduct some physical or neurological test, if you have any test, he/she will assess them and then decide on further test or treatment since the nervous system is complex.
If you are suffering from continuous headaches, dizziness, vertigo extreme nose bleed, memory loss, epilepsy, movement disorders, tremors etc. then these are the signs of possible neurological disorder and in this case, you have to consult a neurologist. From consultation to treatment, your neurologist will help you in drafting the customized treatment plan as per your condition.
You need to consider the following factors while looking for a neurologist: First, you need to check your symptoms. Narrowing down your health concerns, whether it’s headache, sleeping disorder, continuous nose bleed, migraine etc. The neurologist should be PMDC or other medical board certified. Lastly, if you still have ambiguity and want to get connected with the best neurologist near you, you can easily reach out to Healthwire.pk or call at 04232500989. You can also find the list of best neurologists near you in Abbottabad, exclusively available on Healthwire.pk.
Depending upon the doctor’s practising hospital, education and experience, the fee for a consultation with the best neurologist in Abbottabad is between 500-3000 (PKR).
To book an appointment, find the list of the best neurologists in Abbottabad or call at 04232500989. You can also opt for the video consultation anywhere in Pakistan with a neurologist subject to their availability hours.
No, there are not any extra or hidden charges to book an appointment with a certified neurologist in Abbottabad via Healthwire.pk.
Yes, you can book an online consultation with the best neurologist in Abbottabad. Find a list of the best neurologists in Abbottabad providing online consultation or call at 04232500989.