Top Certified Neurosurgeons in Abbottabad
4 Brain Surgeon available in Abbottabad
Also known as Brain Surgeon, Neurosurgeon doctor, Dimagh ka surgeon دماغ کے ماہر سرجن ڈاکٹر
Sort by :
Dr. Ahsan Aurangzeb
Neurosurgeon | MBBS, MS
Dr. Ehtesham Ahmed
Neurosurgeon | MBBS, FCPS
Dr. Gul Muhammad
Neurosurgeon | MBBS, FCPS
Dr. Abdul Aziz
Neurosurgeon | MBBS , MCPS
He was the best ever
If you face any issue, feel free to contact us. We provide 24/7 support to assist your problems
Neurosurgery or neurological surgery is a specialized field of surgery that deals with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases plus disorders of the brain and nervous system using surgical methods.
Who is a Neurosurgeon?
A neurosurgeon or brain surgeon is a medical health specialist who deals in the surgical treatment, management and prevention of the various diseases plus disorders of the nervous system.
Types of Neurosurgeons
Neurosurgery itself is a specialized field. But, the nervous system is really complex therefore a neurosurgeon can further opt for the other specific subspecialties of neurosurgery.
Following are the 8 major types of specialist neurologists:
- General Neurosurgeons- All kinds of general neurosurgery-related procedures are dealt with by these expert specialists.
- Neurovascular Surgeons- These doctors deal in the treatment of complex surgical procedures of abnormal or narrowed blood vessels and aneurysms.
- Spinal Surgeons- These neurosurgeons are experts in neurosurgery. These surgeons normally treat elderly patients suffering from spinal issues.
- Skull NeuroSurgeons- These neurosurgeons treat disorders related to the skull and skull-base tumours.
- Traumatologists- All kinds of head injuries of head trauma are treated by these specialists.
- Functional NeuroSurgeons- A range of various nervous system issues such as cerebral palsy, movement disorders and epilepsy is treated by these doctors.
- Pediatric NeuroSurgeons- Congenital spine defects, tumours, facial anomalies and other children neurological disorders are treated by these doctors.
- Neuro-Oncologists- These specialist neurologists are involved in treating tumours of the brain and nervous system.
Common Names of Neurosurgeons
Neurosurgeons in Lahore are also known as
- Brain Surgeons
- Neurosurgeon Doctors
- Doctors of Neurosurgery
- Dimagh ka surgeon
- دماغ کے ماہر سرجن ڈاکٹر
Neurosurgeons in Abbottabad
Abbottabad- the 40th largest city of Pakistan, also known as the “city of pines” is one of the strategically important cities. From one of the highest literary regions to the tourism hub, Abbottabad also caters to the advanced medical healthcare facilities in the region. People visit Abbottabad to benefit from the advanced medical healthcare facilities.
From consultants to specialists, you can easily find the best doctors as per your need. Consultation with the experienced, certified best neurosurgeons in Abbottabad is now just a click away via Healthwire.pk.
Diseases and Disorders Treated by Neurosurgeons
Common diseases and disorders treated by a top neurosurgeon in Abbottabad are:
- Acoustic neuroma
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Brain tumours
- Brain trauma
- Brain cyst
- Colloid Cysts
- Cerebellar disorders
- Cerebrospinal fluid leak
- Degenerative nerve disorder
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Headaches, migraines and sinus
- Infections (bacterial, fungal and viral)
- Intracranial hypotension
- Malignant sheath nerve tumour
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Stroke care
- Movement disorders
- Spinal cord disorders
- Parkinson’s disease
- Stroke care
- Sleep disorders
- Sinus Problem
- Vascular Tumours
Services and Treatments by Neurosurgeons/Brain Surgeons in Abbottabad
Neurosurgeons perform various tests and procedures to treat neurological disorders. Some of the common services and treatments offered by the top and best neurosurgeons in Abbottabad are:
- A complete examination of neurological diseases plus disorders and all kinds of general neurological procedures.
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy- If the neck pain is due to herniated disc, the neurosurgeon will treat this issue of neck pain.
- Craniotomy- It is a procedure, in which the doctors would be creating extra space for the brain, using the portion of the brain so that it shouldn’t be crushed and is prevented from any kind of threat.
- Chiari Decompression- In this procedure, the people who suffer from the defect of the brain are treated. It is a safe option in treating a certain condition, in which the balance and coordination of the patient are improved by removing the bone from the back of the skull.
- Laminectomy- It is one of the common procedures of minimally invasive surgery used by neurosurgeons for treating severe backbone issues. In this procedure, small incisions are made in order to remove a small portion of the vertebral bone or lamina.
- Epilepsy Surgery- When the medication for epilepsy doesn’t work for the neurosurgeons treat it surgically. In this surgical procedure, neurosurgeons remove the small portion of the brain that are responsible for causing fatal seizures.
- Spinal Fusion- In this procedure, the spine of the patient is performed to keep it stable.
- Microdiscectomy- In this neurological procedure, the painful herniated disc in the lumbar area of a person is treated.
- Ventriculostomy- This procedure is performed by the neurosurgeons without implantation. In this procedure, a tube is used by the patients to remove the excess fluid from the brain of the patient.
- Lumbar Puncture- It is a procedure, in which a sample of spinal fluid is taken from the brain and is used to diagnose diseases such as meningitis, myelitis, encephalitis, leukaemia, bleeding in the brain, dementia, multiple sclerosis etc.
- Electromyography- In this procedure, the neurosurgeons checks how the muscle of the person responds to electrical stimulation from the motor neurons. These EMG results are used by neurosurgeons to diagnose ALS, myasthenia and other neuromuscular diseases.
- Electroencephalogram- In this procedure, electrodes are placed on the person’s head by a specialist technician. The electrical signals obtained are obtained on the screen after being converted from electrical signals into patterns. The EEG results are used to diagnose sleeping problems, seizures, epilepsy and brain tumours.
- Tensilon Test- It is a blood test used to diagnose a rare neuromuscular disease “myasthenia gravis”.
- Other tests include angiography, biopsy, genetic testing, blood and urine analysis, ultrasounds, PET, MRI and imaging tests.
Other common services that a neurosurgeon in Abbottabad can offer include:
- Brain tumour surgery
- Complex spinal surgery
- Carotid artery blockage
- Cortical Mapping
- Cerebrovascular Surgery
- Endoscopic Surgery
- Endoscopic Lumbar disc surgery
- Electrodes deep in the brain
- Functional Neurosurgery
- Endoscopic 3rd Ventriculostomy (in case of hydrocephalus)
- Neuro-oncology surgery
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Spinal neurosurgery
- Skull base surgery
- Stenosis (carotid artery blockage treatment)
- Stereotactic neurosurgery
- Surgical implantation of the “deep brain stimulators” to treat tremors or Parkinson disease.
- Vascular Surgery
Our best brain specialist in Abbottabad will carefully examine your condition and will draft a customized treatment plan accordingly.
Best Neurosurgeons in Abbottabad - Book Appointment
Now you can easily book an appointment with a qualified and expert brain surgeon from every part of Abbottabad. Healthwire’s best male and female neurosurgeons in Abbottabad are famous for their extensive treatment. Our top neurosurgeons/brain surgeons in Abbottabad are practising in well-reputed hospitals and private clinics. For any queries and ambiguities, you can always reach out to us at healthwire.pk.
To book an appointment with the best neurosurgeon in Abbottabad you can call at 04232500989 or opt for an online video consultation anywhere from all over Pakistan with our doctor, subject to their availability hours.
Doctors for Treatment in Abbottabad
- Doctors for Brain hemorrhage in Abbottabad
- Doctors for Cerebral herniation in Abbottabad
- Doctors for Cerebral palsy in Abbottabad
- Doctors for Cluster headache in Abbottabad
- Doctors for Concussion in Abbottabad
- Doctors for Craniopharyngioma in Abbottabad
- Doctors for Dementia in Abbottabad
- Doctors for Down syndrome in Abbottabad
- Doctors for Epilepsy in Abbottabad
- Doctors for Fits in Abbottabad
- Doctors for Headache in Abbottabad
- Doctors for Head trauma (injury) in Abbottabad
- Doctors for Migraine in Abbottabad
- Doctors for Multiple sclerosis (ms) in Abbottabad
- Doctors for Panic disorder in Abbottabad
- Doctors for Parkinson's disease in Abbottabad
- Doctors for Pituitary tumors in Abbottabad
- Doctors for Posttraumatic stress disorder (ptsd) in Abbottabad
- Doctors for Progressive supranuclear palsy in Abbottabad
- Doctors for Schizophrenia in Abbottabad
Male/Female Brain Surgeons
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the fee range of the Neurosurgeon in Abbottabad?
Depending upon the doctor’s practicing hospital, education and experience, the fee for a consultation with a Neurosurgeon is between 500-3000 (PKR).
How can I book an appointment with the top Neurosurgeon in Abbottabad?
To book an appointment, find the list of the top Neurosurgeon in Abbottabad or call 04232500989. You can also opt for the video consultation anywhere in Pakistan with the Neurosurgeon, subject to their availability hours.
How can I find the best Neurosurgeon near me in Abbottabad?
Visit Healthwire or download the healthwire app to get connected with the best Neurosurgeon near you in Abbottabad.
How can I find the most experienced Neurosurgeon in Abbottabad?
To connect with the most experienced Neurosurgeon in Abbottabad visit Healthwire. Search for the speciality you are looking for, and you’ll be directed to a list of Neurosurgeon in the Abbottabad. Visit the doctor’s profile to review the experience of any doctor.
How do I choose a Neurosurgeon?
Finding and connecting with a good doctor is important for proper diagnosis and treatment. You need to consider the following points before you visit a doctor:
- Make sure the doctor is PMC verified
- Make sure the doctor is experienced
- Check for the reviews about the doctor
- Check the services that the doctor is offering
- Check the hospital in which the doctor is practicing
Who is the best Neurosurgeon in Abbottabad?
Following are the 5 best Neurosurgeons in Abbottabad:
- Dr. Ahsan Aurangzeb
- Dr. Ehtesham Ahmed
- Dr. Gul Muhammad
- Dr. Abdul Aziz