Cardiac surgeons are medical doctors who specialize in the surgical treatment of the heart, oesophagus, lungs and other organs of the chest (thoracic). Apart from surgery, a cardiac surgeon would also diagnose and treat diseases related to these organs.
3 Top Certified Cardiac Surgeons/Heart Surgeons in Faisalabad
Also known as Cardiovascular Surgeons, General Thoracic Surgeons, Cardiac Surgeons, Congenital Heart Surgeons, Heart Surgeons, کارڈیک سرجن and دل کے ماہر سرجن
MBBS, FRCS, FCPS (Cardiac Surgen), FRCS (CardioThoracic)
Cardiac Surgery is a specialized field of medicine that deals with the study, research, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of the various types of diseases plus disorders of the heart surgically.
Who is a Cardiac Surgeon?
A cardiac surgeon or heart surgeon is a medical health specialist who deals with the surgical treatment and prevention of heart diseases plus disorders.
Types of Cardiac Surgeons
Cardiac surgeons can simply practice general cardiac surgery or can further opt for specializations in the field of cardiac surgery. There are 12 major types of subspecialties in the field of cardiology.
Following are the 12 types of specialist cardiologists:
- General Cardiac Surgeons- All kinds of general cardiac surgery-related procedures are performed by these specialist cardiac surgeons.
- Pediatric Cardiac Surgeons- These specialist cardiologists deal with the surgical treatment of heart disease and disorders of infants, children and teenagers.
- Cardio-Thoracic Surgeons- These heart doctors specialize in the surgical procedure of the heart, its structure, its valves, arteries and veins near it. These cardiac surgeons focus on organs like the upper abdomen, oesophagus, lungs and heart
- Vascular Surgeons- These are the highly trained cardiac surgeons who treat the diseases of the vascular system. From minimally invasive surgery to complex open surgery, these surgeons are trained in every kind of vascular surgical procedure.
- Heart Transplant Surgeons- A specialist cardiac surgeon who is fully trained in heart transplant surgeries.
- Cardiac Imaging Specialists- Advanced imaging modalities are used by these cardiologists to diagnose heart diseases. This technology includes echocardiography, stress tests with imaging, cardiac CT scans and cardiac MRI and echocardiography.
- Electrophysiologists- An electrophysiologist treats irregular or very slow heart rhythm. Cardioverter-defibrillators, pacemakers and catheter ablations are used by these cardiologists.
- Heart Failure Specialists- From diagnosing to managing symptoms and delaying the heart failure progression, these cardiologists are specialized doctors of heart failure.
- Congenital Heart Specialists- These heart specialists can be either pediatric or adult cardiologists treating congenital heart problems. Congenital heart disease is an abnormality present at the time of birth. Some of these diseases become apparent after birth or during childhood. For example, foramen ovale or hole in the heart is one such disease that gets unnoticed until late adulthood.
- Cardio-Oncologists- These cancer specialists deal in treating heart diseases that patients from cancer suffer from. There are certain toxic agents in chemotherapy and radiotherapy that damage the heart. These heart doctors minimize the risk of heart diseases due to cancer.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialists- After suffering from a heart attack, heart failure or heart surgery, these heart specialists help you in designing and monitoring the nutrition programs and supervised exercises.
- Cardiac Anesthesiologists- These are specially trained cardiologists who prepare a customised anaesthesia plan for you during any cardiac surgery procedure.
Common Names of Cardiac Surgeons
Cardiac Surgeons in Lahore are also known as
- Cardiovascular Surgeons
- Heart Surgeons
- General Thoracic Surgeons
- Congenital Heart Surgeons
- Doctors of Heart Surgery
- کارڈیک سرجن
- دل کے ماہر سرجن
Cardiac Surgeons in Faisalabad
Faisalabad-the capital of Punjab is the second-largest populated city of Pakistan. Faisalabad is also the hub of advanced medical healthcare facilities. People from all over the country, especially Punjab, visit Faisalabad to benefit from the advanced medical healthcare facilities.
From consultants to specialists, you can easily find the best doctors as per your need. Consultation with the experienced, certified best cardiac surgeons in Faisalabad is now just a click away via Healthwire.pk.
Diseases and Disorders Treated by Heart Surgeons
Common diseases and disorders treated by the best heart surgeons in Faisalabad are:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Chest Pain
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Attack
- Heart Murmur
- High Cholesterol Level
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Myocardial Infarction
- Ischemic Heart Disease
- Cyanotic Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Aortic Transection
- Aortic Dissection
- Leaking of Valves of Heart
- Abnormal Enlargement of the Heart
- Atrial Septal Defects
- Ventricular Septal Defects
- Transposition of Great Arteries
- Hypoplastic left or right heart syndrome
- Coarctation of aorta
Services and Treatments by Heart Surgeons/Cardiac Surgeons in Faisalabad
Some of the common services and treatments offered by the top cardiac surgeons/heart surgeons in Faisalabad are:
- Heart Examination- Complete heart examination is done in order to diagnose and treat heart diseases and illnesses.
- ECG- Also known as an electrocardiogram, is used by heart specialists to check the activity of the heart.
- Echocardiogram- It is basically the ultrasound of the heart, in which the heart doctor examines the structure and the chambers of the heart.
- Cardiac Catheterization- It is basically a small tube that is used to collect the data of the functioning of the heart along with the electrical system.
- Medication- Cardiologists will prescribe the medication to prevent blood clotting, relax and dilate the blood vessels, lower cholesterol, decrease blood pressure, reduce swelling, slow or speed up the rhythm of the heart.
- Aortic Valve Surgery- It replaces and repairs aortic valves that are faulty.
- Arrhythmia Surgery- It is a surgery particularly done to correct the irregular rhythms of the heart.
- Congenital Heart Surgery- In this, cardiac surgeons treat the genetic defects of the heart.
- Myotomy/Myectomy- In this procedure, the cardiac surgeons surgically remove the portion of the heart wall that is enlarged.
- Surgical Ventricular Restoration- After a heart attack, this surgery is done in order to help the heart maintain a more normal shape so that the blood is easily pumped by the heart.
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)- It is one of the most common types of surgical procedure. In this, the cardiac surgeon takes a healthy vein or artery from any other part of the body and replaces the damaged or blocked coronary artery portion. Due to this, it is often termed coronary artery bypass surgery or heart bypass.
- Heart Valve Repair or Replacement Surgery- Using a biological or an artificial valve, the heart surgeons repair or replace the damaged or blocked valve.
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) or Pacemaker Insertion- In the case of arrhythmia, medication is the first choice of treatment. However, if the medication doesn’t work, a pacemaker is inserted under the skin of the abdomen or chest and is connected with the chambers of the heart. When the rhythm of the heart is abnormal, the pacemaker detects it and then uses electrical impulses to normalize the rhythm.
- Aneurysm Repair- A graft or patch is used to replace the weak section of the heart wall or the artery.
- Maze Surgery- This specialized surgery is done to block the electrical signals that are stray and affecting the heart. In this surgery, the cardiac surgeons, in the upper chambers of the heart, create a scar tissue pattern. This helps in redirecting the electrical signals in a controlled manner towards the lower heat chamber.
- Heart Transplant Surgery- In this surgery, a diseased heart is replaced and removed with a healthy heart of a deceased donor.
- Total Artificial Heart (TAH) or Ventricular Assist Device Insertion- In TAH surgery, the cardiac surgeons replace the two chambers of the heart. In the case of VAD, a mechanical pump is added to the heart to support the blood flow and function of the heart.
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery- Apart from these surgeries, minimally invasive heart surgery also known as transcatheter structural heart surgery is becoming increasingly common. In this surgery, a faulty aortic valve is replaced with a valve manufactured from the animal tissue.
Other common services and treatments that a best cardiac surgeon in Faisalabad can offer are:
- Aortic Surgery
- Bypass Surgery
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Heart Valve Repair/Replacement Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Mitral Valve Repair
- Stent Placement
- Thoracic Endoscopy
- Thoracic Surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Open Heart Surgery
- Aneurysm Repair
- Pacemaker and Defibrillators
- Cardiac Support Devices
- Coronary Artery Disease Treatment
- Heart Transplantation
Our best thoracic surgeons/heart surgeons in Faisalabad will carefully examine your condition and will draft a customized treatment plan accordingly.
Best Cardiac Surgeons in Faisalabad - Book Appointment
Now you can easily book an appointment with qualified and expert cardiac surgeons from every part of Faisalabad. Healthwire’s best male and female cardiac surgeons in Faisalabad are famous for their extensive treatment. Our top heart surgeons in Faisalabad are practising in well-reputed hospitals and private clinics. For any queries and ambiguities, you can always reach out to us at healthwire.pk.
To book an appointment with the best cardiac surgeon in Faisalabad you can call at 04232500989 or opt for an online video consultation anywhere from all over Pakistan with our doctor, subject to their availability hours.
Cardiac Surgeons in Top Hospitals of Faisalabad
Doctors for Treatment in Faisalabad
Male/Female Cardiac Surgeons
Frequently Asked Questions
Cardiac surgeons or heart surgeons are specialist surgeons who specialize in the field of heart surgery. From diagnosis to surgical treatment, prevention and follow-up of heart, a surgeon will help you with heartcare.
During the first appointment, a cardiac surgeon would ask you about your medical history, check your vital signs, may ask you for different tests and diagnostic procedures depending upon your test results, medical history etc. After this, a cardiac surgeon will prescribe you medication or a personalized treatment or surgery plan depending upon your condition.
If you are suffering from heart diseases that involve cardiac or cardiovascular surgery then you should visit the cardiac surgeon as your cardiologist would refer you to a cardiac surgeon. The cardiac surgeon would treat your heart condition surgically.
A medical doctor who specializes in the diagnoses, treatment and prevention of diseases and disorders of the heart or cardiovascular system is known as a “cardiac surgeon”, “heart specialist” or “heart doctor”. While the specialist who treats heart conditions by performing cardiac or heart surgery is known as a “cardiac surgeon”.
You need to consider the following factors while looking for a heart surgeon: Firstly, you need to narrow down your symptoms whether you are suffering from regular dizziness, high cholesterol level, high bp, chest pain, shortness of breath etc. After this, reach out to the PMDC or other medical board-certified heart doctor to get yourself treated. Then, if your condition requires surgical treatment your heart doctor will further recommend you visiting a heart surgeon. Lastly, if you still have ambiguity and want to get connected with the best cardiac surgeon/heart surgeon near you, you can easily reach out to Healthwire.pk or call at 04232500989. You can also find the list of best cardiac surgeons near you in Faisalabad, exclusively available on Healthwire.pk.
Cardiac surgery is a specialized field of medicine. It is a tough field and needs a long hour of training. Therefore, cardiac surgeons are specialist surgeons who are responsible for treating heart conditions that need surgical treatment.
Depending upon the doctor’s practising hospital, education and experience, the fee for a consultation with the best cardiac surgeon in Faisalabad is between 500-3000 (PKR).
To book an appointment, find the list of the best cardiac surgeons in Faisalabad or call at 04232500989. You can also opt for the video consultation anywhere in Pakistan with a cardiac surgeon subject to their availability hours.
No, there are not any extra or hidden charges to book an appointment with a certified cardiac surgeon or heart surgeon in Faisalabad via Healthwire.pk.
Yes, you can book an online consultation with the best cardiac surgeon or heart surgeon in Faisalabad. Find a list of the best cardiac surgeons/heart surgeons in Faisalabad providing online consultation or call at 04232500989.
Visit Healthwire.pk or download our app to get connected with the best cardiac surgeon or heart surgeon near you in Faisalabad.