Endocrinologists are specialist doctors responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of hormonal and gland disease and disorders. Endocrinologists specifically diagnose and treat the hormonal issues of the endocrine glands that include pituitary glands, thyroid glands, adrenal glands, pancreas, polycystic ovary syndrome disorder, hypothyroidism, ovaries and testes.
5 Top Certified Endocrinologists in Faisalabad
Also known as Endocrinology Doctor, Hormone Doctor, Thyroid Doctor, Thyroid Specialist, Mahir-e-Hormone and ہارمونز کے سپیشلسٹ ڈاکٹر
13 Years Experience
MBBS, MCPS, FCPS Endocrinologist, Diabetologist
MBBS (KE), MCPS in Family Medicine (Pakistan), Phd in Endocrine and Diabetes, Diploma in Diabetes
MBBS, MSc, MS, PhD, FRCP
Endocrinology is a specialized field of medicine that deals with the research, study, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases plus disorders related to the endocrine glands.
Who is an Endocrinologist?
An endocrinologist is a specialized medical doctor in the field of endocrinology who helps patients in diagnosing and treating diseases plus disorders related to endocrine glands (thyroid gland, pituitary glands, adrenal glands, pancreas, testes and ovaries.
Types of Endocrinologists
Endocrinology deals with hormonal issues. These hormones can affect our growth, body metabolism and even reproductive system. The specialists, endocrinologists, in this field can practice general endocrinology or can opt for further specialization. This involves further training and research fellowships.
Some of the major and common endocrinology subspecialties include the following 8 types of specialists:
- General Endocrinologists- All kinds of general endocrinology services and treatments are catered by these specialists.
- Internal Medicine Endocrinologists- These specialists deal with various illnesses, thus, they treat a wide range of patients. Some of the common and major health issues that these doctors treat include menopause, high blood pressure, thyroid diseases, osteoporosis, diabetes, high cholesterol levels and weight issues.
- Reproductive Endocrinologists- These specialists have expertise in the field of gynaecology and obstetrics. They work with patients who deal with infertility issues. Depending upon the patients, they offer different treatments from medication, surgery, in vitro fertilization etc.
- Pediatric Endocrinologists- Endocrine health issues in children and teenagers are treated by these specialists. Common diseases that an endocrinologist helps a child with are obesity, hypoglycemia, glandular conditions, type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Endocrine Oncologists- These specialists deal with the diagnosis and treatment of tumours production due to the hormones.
- Neuroendocrinologists- These specialists are responsible for the treatment of the disease that interlinks both hormone and brain.
- Thyroid Disease Specialists- These are the specialists who are expert in treating all kinds of thyroid-related disease and disorders.
- Nuclear Medicine Endocrinologists- These endocrinologists are experts in nuclear medicine. Not only they diagnose the disease but also help in radionuclide therapy.
Common Names of Endocrinologists
Endocrinologists in Faisalabad are also known as
- Endocrinology Doctors
- Hormone Doctors
- Thyroid Doctors
- Hormone Specialists
- Thyroid Specialist Doctors
- Doctors of Endocrinology
- ہارمونز کے سپیشلسٹ ڈاکٹر
Endocrinologists in Faisalabad
Faisalabad- the 3rd most populated city of Pakistan, previously known as the “Lyallpur”, is famous for its textile industries. It is also the hub of advanced medical healthcare facilities in the region. People visit Faisalabad to benefit from the advanced medical healthcare facilities.
From consultants to specialists, you can easily find the best doctors as per your need. Consultation with the experienced, certified best endocrinologists/hormone doctors in Faisalabad is now just a click away via Healthwire.pk.
Diseases and Disorders Treated by Endocrinologists
Common diseases and disorders treated by a top endocrinologist/hormone specialist in Faisalabad are:
- Adrenal disorders (Addison’s disease, Cushing’s disease)
- Diabetes (Gestational diabetes, type 1 and type 2 diabetes)
- Growth and Developmental problems in children (gigantism, short stature, precocious puberty, delayed puberty, disorders of sexual differentiation)
- Osteoporosis ( linked to estrogen deficiency, low testosterone levels, hyperthyroidism, menopause etc)
- Gynaecological disorders ( Amenorrhea, PCOS, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), menopause and endometriosis)
- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia (MEN) syndromes ( a rare disorder of endocrine glands tumour)
- Infertility in both men and women
- Thyroid Diseases (Hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Grave’s disease etc)
- Pituitary Tumours
- Paget’s Disease
- Thyroid Cancer
Services and Treatments by Endocrinologists/Hormone Doctors in Faisalabad
Some of the common services and treatments offered by the top and best endocrinologists/hormone doctors in Faisalabad are:
- General medication and treatment for all kinds of endocrine system diseases plus disorders.
- Glucocorticoid Pills- These pills are prescribed by endocrinologists to treat people suffering from the pituitary or adrenal glands issue.
- Growth Hormone Therapy- Treating growth hormone disorders in children and adults using growth hormone injections.
- Hormonal Birth Control- This treatment is used to treat PCOs, PMS and endometriosis in order to prevent postmenstrual osteoporosis.
- Insulin and other drugs for diabetes.
- Testerone Replacement
- Testosterone Replacement Drugs
Other specialized services that an endocrinologist in Faisalabad can offer include:
- Hypertension Treatment
- Goitre Treatment
- Gigantism and Acromegaly
- Metabolic Disorders
- Radioiodine Ablation
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
Our best endocrine doctors in Faisalabad will carefully examine your condition and will draft a customized treatment plan accordingly.
Best Endocrinologists in Faisalabad - Book Appointment
Now you can easily book an appointment with qualified and expert hormone doctors from every part of Faisalabad. Healthwire’s best male and female endocrinologists/hormone doctors in Faisalabad are famous for their extensive treatment. Our top endocrinologists in Faisalabad are practising in well-reputed hospitals and private clinics. For any queries and ambiguities, you can always reach out to us at healthwire.pk.
To book an appointment with the best endocrinologist in Faisalabad you can call at 04232500989 or opt for an online video consultation anywhere from all over Pakistan with our doctor, subject to their availability hours.
Endocrinologists in Top Hospitals of Faisalabad
Doctors for Treatment in Faisalabad
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, an endocrinologist is a specialized doctor for the treatment of thyroid and other hormonal disorders. Endocrinologists will help you in the diagnosis, prevention, treatment and follow-up of your treatment.
Diabetologists are the doctors who are specific for the treatment of diabetes while endocrinologists are the doctors who specialize in endocrinology. Endocrinologists treat all the diseases related to endocrine organs. They also treat diabetes since it is related to endocrinology as well.
If you are suffering from diabetes, hormonal issues or any other gland diseases plus disorder then your doctor will recommend you visit an endocrinologist.
The first visits are usually simple, as the endocrinologists would ask you about your medical history, perform a physical exam to check any thyroid problem, such as dry skin or slow heart rate. They might also ask you for some blood tests to determine the thyroid hormone level in the blood.
Yes, an endocrinologist will help you in treating conditions related to hormonal imbalance. Hormones are important for the proper functioning of your body. Therefore, any condition that involves immediate treatment of hormones, needs to be addressed by an expert endocrinologist.
Depending upon the doctor’s practising hospital, education and experience, the fee for a consultation with the best endocrinologist in Faisalabad is between 500-3000 (PKR).
To book an appointment, find the list of the best endocrinologists in Faisalabad or call at 04232500989. You can also opt for the video consultation anywhere in Pakistan with an endocrinologist subject to their availability hours.
No, there are not any extra or hidden charges to book an appointment with a certified endocrinologist in Faisalabad via Healthwire.pk.
Yes, you can book an online consultation with the best endocrinologist in Faisalabad. Find a list of the best endocrinologists in Faisalabad providing online consultation or call at 04232500989.