Audiologists are specialist medical doctors who are responsible for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of hearing, ear balance disorder and speech rehabilitation programs for both children and adults.
10 Top Certified Audiologists in Lahore
Also known as Doctor of Audiology, Ear doctor, Hearing Doctor, Mahir Sam-eyaat, آڈیولوجسٹ, سننے کے مسائل کے سپیشلسٹ, ڈاکٹر ماہِر سمعیات
33 Years Experience
21 Years Experience
40 Years Experience
BS (Audiology), MS (Speech and Language Pathology)
MBBS, MSC (Audiology), MBSA (UK)
6 Years Experience
MBBS, M.S, Ph.D
35 Years Experience
Audiology is a specialized field of medicine in which medical health specialists study and treat various hearing, balance and associated diseases and disorders.
Who is an Audiologist?
An audiologist is an expert medical doctor in the field of audiology. An audiologist can assess, diagnose, treat and prevent hearing and ear balance disorders in both children and adults.
Types of Audiologists
Audiologists can further choose to practice in different areas of medicine. For example, some audiologists opt for hearing disorders, vestibular disorder, speech pathology or balancing issues depending upon their interest. For this, they need additional training.
Depending upon the services the audiologists can be divided into 5 major types:
- Diagnostic Hearing Evaluation Audiologists- The specialists in this field assess and determine the hearing ability of the patient using various diagnostic tests.
- Hearing Aid Services Audiologists- From medication to surgical treatment, these specialists treat every type of hearing disorders. From evaluation to consultation and finally, to hearing aid fitting, these audiologists provide the customized hearing aid to each individual.
- Pediatric Audiologists/Pediatric Otolaryngologist- The specialist audiologists in this field, treat hearing plus balancing disorders in infants, children and teenagers. Their services include a hearing examination to cochlear implants, middle ear implants, bone conduction implants and brain stem implants.
- Speech-Language Pathologists- The specialists in this field focus on differential diagnosis and management of communication disorders. They also provide a technology-based advanced solution for speech pathology.
- Neuro-Audiologists- The medical specialist in this field deals with the function, structure and auditory neural pathway along with the allied neural work.
Common Names of Audiologists
Audiologists in Lahore are also known as
- Doctors of Audiology
- Ear Doctors
- Hearing Doctors
- Hearing InstrumAudiologists
- Mahir Sam-eyaat
- سننے کے مسائل کے سپیشلسٹ
- ڈاکٹر ماہِر سمعیات
Audiologists in Lahore
Lahore-the capital of Punjab is the second-largest populated city of Pakistan. Lahore is also the hub of advanced medical healthcare facilities. People from all over the country, especially Punjab, visit Lahore to benefit from advanced medical healthcare facilities.
From consultants to specialists, you can easily find the best doctors as per your need. Consultation with the experienced, certified best
audiologists in Lahore is now just a click away via Healthwire.pk.
Diseases and Disorders Treated by Audiologists
Common diseases and disorders treated by the best ear doctors in Lahore are:
- Hearing Loss
- Ear Infections
- Wax Buildup
- Balance Problems
- Speech Issues
- Congenital Hearing Loss
- Noise-Induced Hearing Loss
- Age-related Hearing Loss
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Autoimmune Inner Ear Disease (AIED)
- Glomus Tumours
- Central Auditory Processing Syndrome
- Autoimmune Inner Ear Disease
- Atresia and Microtia
- Acoustic Neuroma
- Cogan’s Syndrome
- Glomus Tumors
Services and Treatments by Audiologists in Lahore
Some of the common services and treatments offered by the best ear doctors in Lahore are:
- Complete Hearing Examination- The audiologist will thoroughly assess the hearing of the patient. After diagnosis, a customized treatment plan either medical or surgical opts for the patients.
- Tympanometry- Middle ear disorders and malfunctions are assessed by this test.
- Brainstem Response Evaluation- In this test, electrical nerve impulses that transmit sound from the inner ear to your brain are assessed. The audiologist would determine any interruptions or blockages during nerve impulse transmission and then provide treatment.
- TEN Test- The threshold equalizing or TEN test is to assess the inner ear for any sound stimulation.
- SIN Test- The sentence-in-noise or SIN test is used by an audiologist to understand and compare the speech performance of a person and based on findings provide a customized hearing aid solution.
- Otoacoustic Emissions- The functioning of the outer hair cells in the inner ear is evaluated in this test by an audiologist. The acoustic signals generated in this case are otoacoustic emissions. Using microphones these signals are analyzed and checked.
Other Common services by an audiologist are:
- Adjustment, fitting and maintenance of the hearing aids
- Hearing and speech rehabilitation programs
- Treatment for ringing in the ears
- Treatment of hyperacusis and misophonia
- Treatment for the balance disorders
- Vestibular Diagnostic Testing
Our top audiologist in Lahore will carefully examine your condition and will draft a customized treatment plan accordingly.
Best Audiologists in Lahore - Book Appointment
Now you can easily book an appointment with qualified and expert doctors of audiology from every part of Lahore. Healthwire’s male and female best audiologists in Lahore are famous for their extensive treatment. Our top audiologists in Lahore are practising in well-reputed hospitals and private clinics. For any queries and ambiguities, you can always reach out to us at healthwire.pk.
To book an appointment with the best audiologist in Lahore you can call at 04232500989 or opt for an online video consultation anywhere from all over Pakistan with our doctor, subject to their availability hours.
Audiologists in Top Hospitals of Lahore
Doctors for Treatment in Lahore
Frequently Asked Questions
During the first appointment, an audiologist would ask you about your medical history, would do hearing tests, examine the test results, provide you treatment options and follow up.
If you are suffering from hearing issues or any ear balance disorders you should visit an “Audiologist”. Audiologists would do your complete hearing examination, diagnose your issue and will provide you personalized treatment.
Audiologists are professional doctors, they can help you in removing large globs of earwax out from your ears. They make sure to provide you with the best, safe, fast and hygienic treatment for earwax.
Yes, audiologists are able to diagnose and treat ear infections. They also minimize the risk of severe damage to the ear. From medication to follow-up, audiologists make sure that infection is properly treated and normal hearing of a person is restored.
Audiologists are mainly responsible for diagnosing and treating the hearing and balance issue. While ENT doctors are specialists in treating ear, nose and throat diseases and disorders. So, the medical doctor you seek help regarding your particular health issue would differ both in education and skill. Hence, this is the case with audiologists, hearing doctors and ENT doctors.
Depending upon the doctor’s practising hospital, education and experience, the fee for a consultation with the best audiologist in Lahore is between 500-3000 (PKR).
To book an appointment, find the list of the best audiologists in Lahore or call at 04232500989. You can also opt for the video consultation anywhere in Pakistan with an audiologist subject to their availability hours.
No, there are not any extra or hidden charges to book an appointment with a certified audiologist in Lahore via Healthwire.pk.
Yes, you can book an online consultation with the best audiologist in Lahore. Find a list of the best audiologists in Lahore providing online consultation or call at 04232500989.