A General Physician is a medical health practitioner who studies advanced education in medicine and further trains in a specific field of medicine. However, a general physician is often referred to when there are problems with gut health. Most of these specialists start off with general practice and study of the medicine.
97 Top Certified General Physicians in Peshawar
Also known as General Practitioner, Physician, Medical Specialist, Primary Care Specialist, جنرل معالج, عمومی ڈاکٹر, عمومی معالج, جنرل پریکٹیشنر.
4 Years Experience
General Physician.Critical Care Physician
MBBS, MD, Diplomat American Board of Internal Medicine
MBBS, DCH (England), MRCP (Glassgow), MRCP (Edin.), FRCP (Glassgow), FRCP (Edin.)
Gastroenterologist.General Physician.Medical Specialist
MBBS, MCPS (Medicine), FCPS (Medicine)
MBBS, FCPS (Medicine), MRCP (UK)
General Practice Medicine
General practice or commonly also known as 'family medicine' that focuses primarily on common and long-term illnesses in adults and children focusing on the overall well-being of the family.
Who is a General Physician?
A General Physician specializes in treating all medical conditions affecting primarily cardiovascular, respiratory, neurological, haematological and endocrine systems. They are well-trained in general healthcare, however, they may as well specialize in one of the specific medical conditions along with their general practice. They are fully licensed for providing the right treatments and guidance for complete physical examination.
Types of a General Physicians
- Internal medicine doctors- These primary doctors are responsible for treating complex conditions that require internal medicine treatment for young and old patients.
- Pediatricians- Most general physicians will further train in pediatrics, which is the medical branch for caring for young children.
- Family medicine doctors - These are usually the primary care doctors for any family and look after the consultation of babies, children, adults and elderly people of a family. The unique benefit of family doctors is that they care for your whole family. They see babies, children, parents and grandparents
- OB-GYNs - OB-GYN doctors are experts in women’s health and look after the female reproductive system. They provide routinely health services to women’s health concerns through different screenings and tests like pap tests, pelvic exams and STI testing.
- Surgeon - most general physicians further train into general surgery or in other more specialised surgical procedures.
- Endocrinologist - Endocrinologists treat a variety of metabolic and hormonal disorders. If you are suffering from a slow heart rate, dry skin, hormonal imbalance, these may be signs and symptoms of thyroid problems and so you have to consult an endocrinologist.
- Gastroenterologist - A Gastroenterologist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats problems in the gastrointestinal tract and liver. They provide full primary care for gastric issues in both men and women. They are also known as ‘Stomach Specialists’.
Common Names of General Physicians
Also known as General Practitioner, Physician, Medical Specialist, Primary Care Specialist, جنرل معالج, عمومی ڈاکٹر, عمومی معالج, جنرل پریکٹیشنر
General Physicians in Peshawar
Peshawar, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, is the 6th largest city in Pakistan. Apart from being famous for tourism and food, it is the hub of advanced medical healthcare facilities in the province.
People from all over Pakistan, visit Peshawar for healthcare services. From consultants to specialists, you can easily find the best doctors as per your need. Consultation with the experienced and certified General Physicians in Peshawar is now just a click away via Healthwire.pk.
Diseases and Disorder Treated by a General Physicians
- Heart Conditions
- Breathing Complications
- Bacterial infections
- Diarrhea and Stomach issues
- Infections after surgery
- Parasite infections.
- Blood pressure, heart complications
- Weight complications
Services and Treatments offered by General Physicians in Peshawar
- Internal medicine- prescribing medicine for fever, cold, flu, nausea, body temperature and other common ailments.
- Cardiovascular Issues (based on if your GP is further specialized in cardiology)- The concerns include Hypertension (high blood pressure), Ischaemic Heart Disease (Heart attack and angina), Chest pain, Chest Area Muscle pain.
- Respiratory System- You can consult a general physician If you are suffering from Asthma, Pneumonia, Lung fibrosis, emphysema, COPD or any other health-related issue.
- Gastrointestinal system- any liver-related disease can be consulted from a general physician.
- Neurological System- Brain Strokes, Epilepsy and dementia.
- Haematological- Anaemia
- Endocrinological- Diabetes, Thyroid disease, hormonal imbalance, Pituitary disease.
- Preventive Care - Almost all medical specialists have been highly trained into advanced practices of preventive healthcare with a comprehensive health plan outlined for the patient.
- Diagnostic Services - Different tests and procedures run by a specialist to determine the underlying cause of the health issue. Some of these tests are but not limited to; X-Rays, Spirometry, pap smears, dexa scans, blood glucose tests, pregnancy tests, urine cultures, throat cultures, hemoglobin tests, stool occult blood tests and other blood tests.
- Emergency Services - Most Medical Practitioners also provide emergency family medicine, trauma care, holistic care and other means of medicine.
- Surgical Services - Some medical Specialists have further advanced practice in surgical services. Majority of the medical specialists are specialised in performing minor surgeries such as moles, skin warts, small cysts, skin grafting and skin lesions.
Best General Physicians in Peshawar- Book an Appointment
Now you can easily book an appointment with the qualified and expert health doctors from every part of Peshawar. Healthwire’s male and female top General Physicians in Peshawar are famous for their extensive treatment. Our best health doctors in Peshawar are practising in well-reputed hospitals and private clinics. For any queries and ambiguities, you can always reach out to us at healthwire.pk. To book an appointment you can call at 04232500989 or opt for an online video consultation anywhere from all over Pakistan with our specialists, subject to their availability hours.
General Physicians in Top Hospitals of Peshawar
Doctors for Treatment in Peshawar
Male/Female General Physicians
Frequently Asked Questions
General Physician doctors will first ask you about your medical history, will run some tests in order to know the problem at hand, and then describe to you the procedures that you’ll be undergoing, and then prepare a customized health plan for you.
You need to visit a General Physician on a regular basis in order to stay updated with your health status. It is crucial to have certain tests run regularly so that they can prevent any infection or cancerous development of any kind beforehand.
General Physicians are specialist doctors who are responsible for different types of diagnoses. Generally, a General Physician does not perform surgery until they specialize further in general surgery.
Depending upon the doctor’s practicing hospital, education, and experience, the fee for a consultation with the best General Physician in Peshawar is between 500-3000 (PKR).
To book an appointment, find the list of the best General Physicians in Peshawar or call at 04232500989. You can also opt for the video consultation anywhere in Pakistan with a General Physician subject to their availability hours.
No, there are not any extra or hidden charges to book an appointment with a certified General Physician in Peshawar via Healthwire. pk.
Yes, you can book an online consultation with the best General Physician in Peshawar. Find a list of the best General Physicians in Peshawar providing online consultation or call at 04232500989.