Depending upon the doctor’s practicing hospital, education and experience, the fee for a consultation with a Nephrologist is between 500-3000 (PKR).
10 Top Certified Nephrologists/Kidney Specialists in Peshawar
Also known as Kidney Doctor, Kidney Specialist, Kidney Specialist Doctor, Renal Doctor, Nephrology Doctors, Mahir-e-imraz-e-gurda, نیفروولوجسٹ , گردے کے سپیشلسٹ ڈاکٹر
MBBS, FCPS (Medicine), FCPS (Nephrology)
MBBS, FCPS (Nephrologist)
MBBS, FCPS (Nephrology), ISN Fellowship in Renal Transplant (Singapore), ISN Certified in Clinical Nephrology
MBBS, FCPS (Nephrology)
MBBS, FCPS (Nephrology), MCPS (Medical)
MBBS, MRCP, MRCP, Diplom in Nephrology, FRCP
MBBS, FCPS (Nephrology), MRCP (Nephrology), MRCP (Medicine)
MBBS, FCPS (Nephrology)
Nephrology is a specialized field of medicine that deals with the research, study, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases plus disorders related to the kidney.
Who is a Nephrologist?
A nephrologist is a specialized medical doctor in the field of nephrology who helps patients in diagnosing and treating kidney related diseases plus disorders. From diagnosis to kidney transplant, nephrologists provide numerous services to the patients.
Types of Nephrologists
Nephrologists can either opt for practising general nephrology or they can further go for subspecialization in a narrower field of nephrology. This involves research fellowships and additional training in the concerned area.
Some of the major and common nephrology subspecialties include the following 8 types of specialists:
- General Nephrologists- All kinds of general nephrology services and treatments are catered by these specialists.
- Critical Care Nephrologists- These specialists work normally in ICU and provide treatment for the disorders of the fluids, acid-base and electrolyte along with the acute renal failure.
- Kidney Dialysis Specialists- These doctors are trained in providing dialysis services to kidney patients.
- Interventional Nephrologists- These specialized nephrologists provide the ultrasound-guided renal biopsy, ultrasonography of kidneys, insertion of the peritoneal dialysis catheters and tunnelled dialysis for the patients who undergo hemodialysis.
- Onconephrologists- These specialists deal with kidney diseases plus disorders in the patients due to cancer.
- Pediatric Nephrologists- All kinds of kidney diseases plus disorders in the children are treated by these specialist doctors.
- Preventive Nephrologists- These specialists help patients in providing preventive steps from diet to medication in order to avoid and reduce the complications of chronic kidney disease.
- Kidney Transplant Specialists- When a patient suffers from end-stage kidney disease and undergoes dialysis, they might have to get a kidney transplant. These particular specialists are experts in kidney transplant.
Apart from providing kidney-related problems, nephrologists also provide medical care in the other areas of medicine that include intensive care medicine, internal medicine, perioperative medicine, clinical pharmacology or transplant medicine.
Common Names of Nephrologists
Nephrologists in Peshawar are also known as
- Kidney Doctors
- Kidney Specialists
- Kidney Specialist Doctors
- Renal Doctors
- Nephrology Doctors
- گردے کے سپیشلسٹ ڈاکٹر
Nephrologists in Peshawar
Peshawar- the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, is the 6th largest city in Pakistan. Apart from being famous for tourism and food, it is the hub of advanced medical healthcare facilities in the province. People from all over the country, especially KPK, visit Peshawar to benefit from the advanced medical healthcare facilities.
From consultants to specialists, you can easily find the best doctors as per your need. Consultation with the experienced, certified best nephrologists in Peshawar is now just a click away via Healthwire.pk.
Diseases and Disorders Treated by Nephrologists
Common diseases and disorders treated by a top kidney specialist in Peshawar are:
- Amyloidosis - Abnormal protein deposition in the various organs of the body and kidney as well.
- Diabetic Nephropathy- Leading causes of the various kidney diseases.
- Glomerulonephritis- Glomeruli of the kidney is affected by this disease.
- Congenital Kidney malformations
- Lupus Nephritis- Autoimmune lupus disease causes the inflammation of the kidneys.
- Nephrotic Syndrome- It is a disorder that leads to the excretion of too much protein in the urine of a person.
- Pyelonephritis- In this, both kidneys are infected due to a urinary tract infection.
- Polycystic Kidney Disease- It is a genetic disorder, in which cysts in cluster form are developed in the kidney.
- Renal Obstruction- It is caused by various reasons such as enlarged prostate, tumours, kidney stones etc.
- Renal Failure- In this disease, the waste products from the blood are not filtered by the kidney.
- Renal Stenosis- In this condition, due to hypertension, the arteries related to the kidney are narrowed.
- Kidney Cancer
Services and Treatments by Nephrologists/ Kidney Specialists in Peshawar
Some of the common services and treatments offered by the top and best kidney doctors in Peshawar are:
- Bone Biopsy- It is done by nephrologists to manage and monitor the bone disorders linked with chronic kidney disease or kidney cancer.
- Kidney Ultrasonography- This procedure is used by the nephrologist to guide certain medical procedures or help to monitor the disease.
- Percutaneous Needle Biopsy- This procedure is used to obtain the specimen of the kidney by inserting a needle via the abdomen.
- Kidney Dialysis- This procedure is used to remove the excess fluid and waste from the blood. This procedure is done when kidneys fail to perform their normal function.
Other common services a kidney doctor in Peshawar can offer:
- Diabetes management
- Chronic kidney disease
- Interventional nephrology
- Kidney stones treatment
- Kidney transplants
- Kidney biopsies
- Renal replacement therapy
- End-stage kidney disease treatment
Our best nephrologist/kidney specialist in Peshawar will carefully examine your condition and will draft a customized treatment plan accordingly.
Best Nephrologists/Kidney Specialists in Peshawar - Book Appointment
Now you can easily book an appointment with qualified and expert kidney doctors from every part of Peshawar. Healthwire’s best male and female nephrologists/kidney specialists in Peshawar are famous for their extensive treatment. Our top nephrologists/kidney specialists in Peshawar are practising in well-reputed hospitals and private clinics. For any queries and ambiguities, you can always reach out to us at healthwire.pk.
To book an appointment with the best nephrologist in Peshawar you can call at 04232500989 or opt for an online video consultation anywhere from all over Pakistan with our doctor, subject to their availability hours.
Nephrologists in Top Hospitals of Peshawar
Doctors for Treatment in Peshawar
Frequently Asked Questions
To connect with the most experienced Nephrologist in Peshawar visit Healthwire. Search for the speciality you are looking for, and you’ll be directed to a list of Nephrologist in the Peshawar. Visit the doctor’s profile to review the experience of any doctor.
Finding and connecting with a good doctor is important for proper diagnosis and treatment. You need to consider the following points before you visit a doctor:
- Make sure the doctor is PMC verified
- Make sure the doctor is experienced
- Check for the reviews about the doctor
- Check the services that the doctor is offering
- Check the hospital in which the doctor is practicing
To book an appointment, find the list of the top Nephrologist in Peshawar or call 04232500989. You can also opt for the video consultation anywhere in Pakistan with the Nephrologist, subject to their availability hours.