Orthopedic surgeons are the specialist doctors who deal in the diagnosis and treatment of various diseases plus disorders of the bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments etc. They specialize in surgical and non-surgical treatment.
39 Top Certified Orthopedic Surgeons/Orthopedic Doctors in Peshawar
Also Known as Orthopedist, Ortho Surgeon, Bone Doctor, Orthopaedician, Hadiyun ka surgeon and ہڈیوں کا سرجن
MBBS, FRCS (Surgery)
MBBS, FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery)
MBBS, MS in Orthopedics, FICS
MD, MS (Ortho) Ph-D (Ortho)
MBBS, FCPS (ORTH), ODTSC (ORTH)
MBBS, FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery) Orthopedic Surgeon, Spinal Surgeon
MBBS, MCPS, FCPS, Fellowship in Advance Trauma, Fellowship in Advance Ilizarore, Fellowship in Arthoplasty
MBBS, MS (Orthopedic)
MBBS, FCPS (Orthopedics)
Orthopaedics or orthopaedic surgery is the specialized branch of medicine that deals with the study, research, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of the illnesses and conditions related to the musculoskeletal system such as (joints, tendons, bones and ligaments).
Who is an Orthopedic Surgeon?
An orthopedic surgeon or orthopedic doctor is a specialist in the field of orthopaedic surgery. An orthopedic doctor is responsible for diagnosing and treating bones, joints, ligaments and tendons related diseases of people of all age groups.
Types of Orthopedic Surgeons
Depending upon the services and expertise Orthopedic surgeons are further divided into various subspecialties.
Following are the 9 major categories of different types of orthopedic surgeons:
- Orthopedic Doctors- These specialists diagnose and treat orthopedic conditions mostly with non-surgical methods.
- Orthopedic Surgeons- These experts diagnose and treat musculoskeletal system disorders using both surgical and non-surgical methods.
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeons- These specialized doctors diagnose and treat musculoskeletal problems in the children such as limb and spine deformities along with bone and joint infections.
- Sports Medicine Specialists- These experts prevent and treat injury and illnesses in sports and plan out exercises for the sportspersons.
- Foot and Ankle Orthopedic Surgeons- Also known as podiatrists, these doctors diagnose and treat conditions and injuries that affect the foot and ankle.
- Joint Replacement Surgeons- It is a subspecialty of orthopedic surgeons that treat damaged joints using specialized instruments.
- Trauma Surgeons- Also known as acute care or critical care surgeons, these surgeons are responsible for treating various critical illnesses and injuries.
- Hand Surgeons- Illnesses and diseases of the hands are treated by these surgeons.
- Orthopedic Oncologists- These specialist orthopedic surgeons are expert in diagnosing and treating cancers of the bones.
Apart from the aforementioned subspecialties, orthopedic surgeons also work with other specialist doctors and surgeons to treat diseases and injuries.
Common Names of Orthopedic Surgeons
Orthopedic Surgeons in Peshawar are also known as
- Ortho Doctors
- Orthopedic Doctors
- Orthopedic Physicians
- Orthopedic Specialists
- Ortho Surgeons
- Bone Doctors
- Hadiyun ka doctor
- Hadiyun ka surgeon
- ہڈیوں کا سرجن
Orthopedic Surgeons in Peshawar
Peshawar- the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, is the 6th largest city in Pakistan. Apart from being famous for tourism and food, it is the hub of advanced medical healthcare facilities in the province. People from all over the country, especially KPK, visit Peshawar to benefit from the advanced medical healthcare facilities.
From consultants to specialists, you can easily find the best doctors as per your need. Consultation with the experienced, certified best orthopedic doctors in Peshawar is now just a click away via Healthwire.pk.
Diseases and Disorders Treated by Orthopedic Surgeons
Orthopedic surgery is used to diagnose and treat both non-surgically and surgically various diseases plus disorders of bones, ligaments, tendons and joints. Common diseases and disorders diagnosis and treatment by a top orthopedic doctor in Peshawar include:
- Achilles tendon injuries
- Ankle injuries
- Bunions and foot injuries
- Broken bones
- Bone injury
- Bone tumours
- Back pain, ruptured disk and spinal stenosis
- Shoulder and elbow issues
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Hip and knee injuries
- Age-related osteoporosis
- Orthopaedic trauma
- Limb lengthening
- Replace painful joints
- Sport injuries
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Muscle ligament
- Degenerative conditions
- Cerebral palsy
- Congenital deformities
- Injuries due to fall
- Traffic accident injuries
- Ruptured disc
- Bone Cancer
Services and Treatments by Orthopedic Surgeons in Peshawar
Some of the common services and treatments offered by the top and best orthopedic surgeons in Peshawar are nonsurgical and surgical treatments.
Nonsurgical treatments include:
- Exercises- In order to improve the flexibility, strength, and motion of a particular area, orthopedic doctors recommend different exercises to a patient.
- Immobilization- The doctors in this case provide braces, casts and splint techniques in order to help and heal the patient by preventing additional strain in the affected area.
- Medications- In order to relieve the symptoms of the pain or swelling, orthopedic doctors also recommend medications to the patients.
- Life-Style Changes- To improve your condition and increase the healing of a wound, orthopedic doctors help a patient in managing their diet plan, physical activity and exercise.
Surgical Treatments Include:
Sometimes when an injury or condition is not treated by conventional non-surgical methods, then orthopedic surgeons or orthopedic doctors have to perform surgery. Some of the surgical procedures used by orthopedic surgeons are:
- Arthroscopy- In this procedure, orthopedic doctors use special equipment and camera in the diagnosis and treatment of joints issues.
- Soft Tissue Repair- Soft tissues, ligaments and torn tendons are mended in this treatment.
- Osteotomy- Orthopedic surgeons correct bone deformity by re-positioning and cutting of the bones.
- Internal Fixation- This is a specialized treatment in which orthopedic doctors using screws, pins and metal plates to hold and treat the broken bones.
- Joint Replacement- This is several levels of the treatment in which arthritic and damaged joints are treated with an artificial or prosthetic joint.
- Release Surgery- This is a specialized form of surgical procedure, in which orthopedic surgeons treat carpal tunnel syndrome. By reducing the pressure on the median nerve, this surgery helps in relieving the symptoms of this disease.
- Spine Surgery- Disorders of the spinal cord are treated in this surgery.
Other treatments that orthopedic surgeons in Peshawar can offer include:
- Lower & upper back pain
- Arthritis management
- Knee & hip joint replacement
- Hand Injuries
- Hip dysplasia
- Strains & sprains treatment
- Ruptured disc
- Soft tissue repair
- Fusion & internal fixation of soft tissue
- Orthopaedic oncology
- Shoulder pain
- Long bone fractures
- Neck, back pain
- Frozen shoulder
- Intraarticular injection
- Musculoskeletal MSK ultrasound
- Musculoskeletal infections
- Myalgia (Muscle Pain)
Our best orthopedic doctor in Peshawar will carefully examine your condition and will draft a customized treatment plan accordingly.
Best Orthopedic Surgeons in Peshawar - Book Appointment
Now you can easily book an appointment with qualified and expert orthopedic doctors from every part of Peshawar. Healthwire’s best male and female orthopedic surgeons in Peshawar are famous for their extensive treatment. Our top orthopedic surgeons/orthopedic doctors in Peshawar are practising in well-reputed hospitals and private clinics. For any queries and ambiguities, you can always reach out to us at healthwire.pk.
To book an appointment with the best orthopedic surgeon in Peshawar you can call at 04232500989 or opt for an online video consultation anywhere from all over Pakistan with our doctor, subject to their availability hours.
Orthopedic Surgeons in Top Hospitals of Peshawar
Doctors for Treatment in Peshawar
Male/Female Orthopedic Surgeons
Frequently Asked Questions
On your first visit, the orthopedic surgeon would ask about your comprehensive medical history, listen to your concern, conduct some tests and check the X-ray and MRI results if you have them and then devise a customized treatment plan according to your condition.
If you are suffering from any sprains, strains, any kind of pain related to bones, joint pain, arthritis or any bone injury, you need to visit an orthopedic surgeon as soon as possible. From consultation to treatment, your orthopedic surgeon will help you in drafting the customized treatment plan as per your condition.
Yes, an orthopedic surgeon is a specialized doctor for treating all kinds of body pains related to the bones. So whether it’s back pain, joining pain, arthritis etc, you can easily get it treated by a certified orthopedic surgeon.
You need to consider the following factors while looking for an orthopaedic surgeon: The type of health issue you are suffering from. Narrowing down your concern and treatment you want whether surgical or non-surgical. The orthopedic surgeon should be PMDC or other medical board certified. Lastly, if you still have ambiguity and want to get connected with the best orthopedic surgeon near you, you can easily reach out to Healthwire.pk or call at 04232500989. You can also find the list of best orthopedic surgeons near you in Peshawar, exclusively available on Healthwire.pk.
Depending upon the doctor’s practising hospital, education and experience, the fee for a consultation with the best orthopedic surgeon in Peshawar is between 500-3000 (PKR).
To book an appointment, find the list of the best orthopedic surgeons in Peshawar or call at 04232500989. You can also opt for the video consultation anywhere in Pakistan with an orthopedic surgeon subject to their availability hours.
No, there are not any extra or hidden charges to book an appointment with a certified orthopedic surgeon in Peshawar via Healthwire.pk.
Yes, you can book an online consultation with the best orthopedic surgeon in Peshawar. Find a list of the best orthopedic surgeons in Peshawar providing online consultation or call at 04232500989.