Neurosurgeons specialize in the field of neurosurgery. They diagnose and perform surgical procedures and treatment of diseases and disorders of the nervous system (central and peripheral nervous system), vascular disorder, brain and spinal infections, degenerative diseases of the spine, trauma, congenital abnormalities and tumours.
9 Top Certified NeuroSurgeons/Brain Surgeons in Quetta
Also known as Brain Surgeon, Neurosurgeon doctor, Dimagh ka surgeon دماغ کے ماہر سرجن ڈاکٹر
MBBS, IFAANS, FRCS, FCPS
MBBS, FCPS, Fellowship In Spinal Surgery
MD (Medicine), MS
MBBS, FCPS, DCN
MBBS, MD, FCPS (Neuro Surgery)
MBBS, BPharma (karachi), MS (Neuro Surgery)
MBBS, FCPS (Neuro Surgery)
Neurosurgery or neurological surgery is a specialized field of surgery that deals with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases plus disorders of the brain and nervous system using surgical methods.
Who is a Neurosurgeon?
A neurosurgeon or brain surgeon is a medical health specialist who deals in the surgical treatment, management and prevention of the various diseases plus disorders of the nervous system.
Types of Neurosurgeons
Neurosurgery itself is a specialized field. But, the nervous system is really complex therefore a neurosurgeon can further opt for the other specific subspecialties of neurosurgery.
Following are the 8 major types of specialist neurologists:
- General Neurosurgeons- All kinds of general neurosurgery-related procedures are dealt with by these expert specialists.
- Neurovascular Surgeons- These doctors deal in the treatment of complex surgical procedures of abnormal or narrowed blood vessels and aneurysms.
- Spinal Surgeons- These neurosurgeons are experts in neurosurgery. These surgeons normally treat elderly patients suffering from spinal issues.
- Skull NeuroSurgeons- These neurosurgeons treat disorders related to the skull and skull-base tumours.
- Traumatologists- All kinds of head injuries of head trauma are treated by these specialists.
- Functional NeuroSurgeons- A range of various nervous system issues such as cerebral palsy, movement disorders and epilepsy is treated by these doctors.
- Pediatric NeuroSurgeons- Congenital spine defects, tumours, facial anomalies and other children neurological disorders are treated by these doctors.
- Neuro-Oncologists- These specialist neurologists are involved in treating tumours of the brain and nervous system.
Common Names of Neurosurgeons
Neurosurgeons in Lahore are also known as
- Brain Surgeons
- Neurosurgeon Doctors
- Doctors of Neurosurgery
- Dimagh ka surgeon
- دماغ کے ماہر سرجن ڈاکٹر
Neurosurgeons in Quetta
Quetta is the capital of Balochistan Province and the 10th largest city of Pakistan. Apart from being famous for the “Fruit Garden of Pakistan” due to numerous fruits and dried fruits, it is also the hub of advanced medical healthcare facilities in the province. People from all over the country, especially Balochistan, visit Quetta to benefit from the advanced medical healthcare facilities.
From consultants to specialists, you can easily find the best doctors as per your need. Consultation with the experienced, certified best neurosurgeons in Quetta is now just a click away via Healthwire.pk.
Diseases and Disorders Treated by Neurosurgeons
Common diseases and disorders treated by a top neurosurgeon in Quetta are:
- Acoustic neuroma
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Brain tumours
- Brain trauma
- Brain cyst
- Colloid Cysts
- Cerebellar disorders
- Cerebrospinal fluid leak
- Degenerative nerve disorder
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Headaches, migraines and sinus
- Infections (bacterial, fungal and viral)
- Intracranial hypotension
- Malignant sheath nerve tumour
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Stroke care
- Movement disorders
- Spinal cord disorders
- Parkinson’s disease
- Stroke care
- Sleep disorders
- Sinus Problem
- Vascular Tumours
Services and Treatments by Neurosurgeons/Brain Surgeons in Quetta
Neurosurgeons perform various tests and procedures to treat neurological disorders. Some of the common services and treatments offered by the top and best neurosurgeons in Quetta are:
- A complete examination of neurological diseases plus disorders and all kinds of general neurological procedures.
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy- If the neck pain is due to herniated disc, the neurosurgeon will treat this issue of neck pain.
- Craniotomy- It is a procedure, in which the doctors would be creating extra space for the brain, using the portion of the brain so that it shouldn’t be crushed and is prevented from any kind of threat.
- Chiari Decompression- In this procedure, the people who suffer from the defect of the brain are treated. It is a safe option in treating a certain condition, in which the balance and coordination of the patient are improved by removing the bone from the back of the skull.
- Laminectomy- It is one of the common procedures of minimally invasive surgery used by neurosurgeons for treating severe backbone issues. In this procedure, small incisions are made in order to remove a small portion of the vertebral bone or lamina.
- Epilepsy Surgery- When the medication for epilepsy doesn’t work for the neurosurgeons treat it surgically. In this surgical procedure, neurosurgeons remove the small portion of the brain that are responsible for causing fatal seizures.
- Spinal Fusion- In this procedure, the spine of the patient is performed to keep it stable.
- Microdiscectomy- In this neurological procedure, the painful herniated disc in the lumbar area of a person is treated.
- Ventriculostomy- This procedure is performed by the neurosurgeons without implantation. In this procedure, a tube is used by the patients to remove the excess fluid from the brain of the patient.
- Lumbar Puncture- It is a procedure, in which a sample of spinal fluid is taken from the brain and is used to diagnose diseases such as meningitis, myelitis, encephalitis, leukaemia, bleeding in the brain, dementia, multiple sclerosis etc.
- Electromyography- In this procedure, the neurosurgeons checks how the muscle of the person responds to electrical stimulation from the motor neurons. These EMG results are used by neurosurgeons to diagnose ALS, myasthenia and other neuromuscular diseases.
- Electroencephalogram- In this procedure, electrodes are placed on the person’s head by a specialist technician. The electrical signals obtained are obtained on the screen after being converted from electrical signals into patterns. The EEG results are used to diagnose sleeping problems, seizures, epilepsy and brain tumours.
- Tensilon Test- It is a blood test used to diagnose a rare neuromuscular disease “myasthenia gravis”.
- Other tests include angiography, biopsy, genetic testing, blood and urine analysis, ultrasounds, PET, MRI and imaging tests.
Other common services that a neurosurgeon in Quetta can offer include:
- Brain tumour surgery
- Complex spinal surgery
- Carotid artery blockage
- Cortical Mapping
- Cerebrovascular Surgery
- Endoscopic Surgery
- Endoscopic Lumbar disc surgery
- Electrodes deep in the brain
- Functional Neurosurgery
- Endoscopic 3rd Ventriculostomy (in case of hydrocephalus)
- Neuro-oncology surgery
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Spinal neurosurgery
- Skull base surgery
- Stenosis (carotid artery blockage treatment)
- Stereotactic neurosurgery
- Surgical implantation of the “deep brain stimulators” to treat tremors or Parkinson disease.
- Vascular Surgery
Our best brain specialist in Quetta will carefully examine your condition and will draft a customized treatment plan accordingly.
Best Neurosurgeons in Quetta - Book Appointment
Now you can easily book an appointment with a qualified and expert brain surgeon from every part of Quetta. Healthwire’s best male and female neurosurgeons in Quetta are famous for their extensive treatment. Our top neurosurgeons/brain surgeons in Quetta are practising in well-reputed hospitals and private clinics. For any queries and ambiguities, you can always reach out to us at healthwire.pk.
To book an appointment with the best neurosurgeon in Quetta you can call at 04232500989 or opt for an online video consultation anywhere from all over Pakistan with our doctor, subject to their availability hours.
Neurosurgeons in Top Hospitals of Quetta
Doctors for Treatment in Quetta
Frequently Asked Questions
During your first visit, the neurosurgeon would ask about your medical history, conduct some physical or neurological test, if you have any test, he/she will assess them or might ask for further tests and then provide you with treatment options for your condition.
Neurologists and neurosurgeons both are brain doctors. However, neurologists provide the primary care for the diseases and disorders related to the brain, while neurosurgeons are more trained and they can perform neurosurgery or brain surgery.
If you or any family member is suffering from a specific brain disease and disorders such as brain tumours or blocked arteries then the neurologist would refer a patient to the neurosurgeon for the surgery. From consultation to treatment, your neurosurgeon will help you in drafting the customized treatment plan as per your condition.
You need to consider the following factors while looking for a neurosurgeon: First, you need to check your symptoms and the disease. Narrowing down your health concerns and the type of brain surgery you are looking for. The neurosurgeon should be PMDC or other medical board certified. Lastly, if you still have ambiguity and want to get connected with the best neurosurgeon near you, you can easily reach out to Healthwire.pk or call at 04232500989. You can also find the list of best neurosurgeons near you in Quetta, exclusively available on Healthwire.pk.
Depending upon the doctor’s practising hospital, education and experience, the fee for a consultation with the best neurosurgeon in Quetta is between 500-3000 (PKR).
To book an appointment, find the list of the best neurosurgeons in Quetta or call at 04232500989. You can also opt for the video consultation anywhere in Pakistan with a neurosurgeon subject to their availability hours.
No, there are not any extra or hidden charges to book an appointment with a certified neurosurgeon in Quetta via Healthwire.pk.
Yes, you can book an online consultation with the best neurosurgeon in Quetta. Find a list of the best neurosurgeons in Quetta providing online consultation or call at 04232500989.