A diabetologist is the medical specialist who is responsible for the diagnosis, treatment, prevention and follow up of diabetes (from its early to the severe stage).
5 Top Certified Diabetologists/Diabetes Specialists in Rawalpindi
Also known as Diabetes doctor, Diabetes Specialist, Sugar doctor, ذیابیطس کے ماہر ڈاکٹر, ڈایابیٹولوجسٹ, ذیابیطس میں ماہر and شوگر کے مرض کا ماہر
General Physician.Diabetologist.Medical Specialist
MBBS, FCPS (Medicine), MRCP (Ireland), MRCP (UK)
MBBS, Diploma in Diabetology
Gastroenterologist.Rheumatologist.Endocrinologist.Diabetologist.Internal Medicine Specialist
MBBS, FCPS (Medicine)
Diabetology is a specialized field of endocrinology that deals with the diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and prevention of diabetes.
Who is a Diabetologist?
A diabetologist is a medical health specialist who deals in the diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of diabetes and its complications. Diabetes is a condition in which sugar level in blood is affected. The diabetologist will help to maintain the blood sugar levels through medication and different therapies.
Types of Diabetologists
Diabetology is a specialized field of endocrinology. There are no diverse subspecialties in this field, however, there are other doctors who need to work together with the diabetologists for patient’s health.
The diabetologists can be of the following types:
- General Diabetologists- These specialists treat people of all age, who suffer from diabetes. They prepare a customized treatment plan for each patient.
- Pediatric Diabetologists- These are the specialized doctors who deal with diabetes and its complications in children.
Apart from the aforementioned doctors, other medical specialists treat diabetes and help you manage and monitor your condition. These doctors are:
- Primary Care Physicians- These doctors can help you with a regular checkup and monitoring of diabetes.
- Endocrinologists- People who suffer from diabetes type 1 are normally treated by endocrinologists. This is due to the reason that diabetes is a disease of the pancreatic gland. This gland is a part of the endocrine system and comes under the speciality of endocrinology.
- Eye Doctors- People suffering from diabetes, also need to get themselves checked by an eye doctor. Eye complications due to diabetes can lead to cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy or diabetic macular oedema hence regular eye checkups are a must to avoid any further health complications.
- Nephrologists- The risk of suffering from kidney disease increases due to diabetes. So, if someone is suffering from diabetes, a yearly visit to a nephrologist is recommended to reduce the risk of developing kidney disease.
- Podiatrists- Long-Lasting diabetes can damage the nerve and cause vascular disease. These conditions can particularly affect your feet and hence you need to visit a podiatrist. This specialist would help you properly monitor your feet in case of any serious infections that can lead to gangrene or even amputation.
- Dietitians- In managing diabetes, diet plays a major role. A certified dietitian will provide you with a personalized diet plan that can help you in managing your blood sugar levels.
Common Names of Diabetologists
Diabetologists in Rawalpindi are also known as
- Diabetes Doctors
- Diabetes Specialists
- Sugar Doctors
- Doctors of Diabetology
- ذیابیطس کے ماہر ڈاکٹر
- ذیابیطس میں ماہر
- شوگر کے مرض کا ماہر
Diabetologists in Rawalpindi
Rawalpindi- is a very important commercial, industrial and administrative city of Pakistan. Rawalpindi and Islamabad collectively form the fourth largest metropolitan area in the country. Due to this, Rawalpindi is the hub of advanced medical healthcare facilities in the region. People visit Rawalpindi to benefit from the advanced medical healthcare facilities.
From consultants to specialists, you can easily find the best doctors as per your need. Consultation with the experienced, certified best diabetologists in Rawalpindi is now just a click away via Healthwire.pk.
Diseases and Disorders Treated by Diabetologists
Common diseases and disorders treated by a top diabetologist in Rawalpindi are:
- Diabetes Type I
- Diabetes Type II
- Juvenile diabetes
- Gestational diabetes
- Complications due to diabetes
Services and Treatments by Diabetologists/Diabetes Specialists in Rawalpindi
Some of the common services and treatments offered by the top and best diabetes specialists/diabetes doctors in Rawalpindi are:
- Examination and diagnosis of diabetes type I and II
- Diagnosing the complications related to the diabetes
- Management of diabetes
- Pediatric diabetology
- Diet plan for the diabetic patients
- Hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia treatment
- Counselling sessions for diabetic patients
- Diabetic pump therapy
- Disorders of male/female gland hormones
- Lipid abnormalities
- Parathyroid gland disorders
- Pituitary gland disorders
- Thyroid ultrasound
- Techniques for using insulin
- Metabolic disorder treatment
Our best sugar doctor/sugar specialist in Rawalpindi will carefully examine your condition and will draft a customized treatment plan accordingly.
Best Diabetologists/Diabetes Doctors in Rawalpindi - Book Appointment
Now you can easily book an appointment with qualified and expert diabetes doctors from every part of Rawalpindi. Healthwire’s best male and female diabetologists/diabetes specialists in Rawalpindi are famous for their extensive treatment. Our top diabetologists/diabetes doctors in Rawalpindi are practising in well-reputed hospitals and private clinics. For any queries and ambiguities, you can always reach out to us at healthwire.pk.
To book an appointment with the best diabetologist/diabetes doctor in Rawalpindi you can call at 04232500989 or opt for an online video consultation anywhere from all over Pakistan with our doctor, subject to their availability hours.
Diabetologists in Top Hospitals of Rawalpindi
Doctors for Treatment in Rawalpindi
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, a diabetologist is a specialized doctor for the treatment of diabetes. Diabetologists will help you in the diagnosis, prevention, treatment and follow-up of diabetes.
Diabetologists are the doctors who are specific for the treatment of diabetes while endocrinologists are the doctors who specialize in endocrinology. Endocrinologists treat all the diseases related to endocrine organs. They also treat diabetes since it is related to endocrinology as well.
If you are suffering from symptoms such as sudden weight loss, hypoglycemia, numbness and tingling in hands and feet, peeing more often than being thirstier, dry itchy skin or blurred vision then you might be suffering from diabetes and without a delay, you should consult with a diabetologist.
The first visits are usually simple, as the diabetologists would ask you about your medical history, measure your vital signs, height, weight, pulse and blood pressure. Using a finger check, they would check blood sugar levels as well.
You need to consider the following factors while looking for a diabetologist: The sudden symptoms of diabetes or if you already have diabetes and require more help. Narrowing down your health concern or the type of diabetes you are suffering from. The diabetologist should be PMDC or other medical board certified. Lastly, if you still have ambiguity and want to get connected with the best diabetologist near you, you can easily reach out to Healthwire.pk or call at 04232500989. You can also find the list of best diabetologists near you in Rawalpindi, exclusively available on Healthwire.pk.
Depending upon the doctor’s practising hospital, education and experience, the fee for a consultation with the best diabetologist in Rawalpindi is between 500-3000 (PKR).
To book an appointment, find the list of the best diabetologists in Rawalpindi or call at 04232500989. You can also opt for the video consultation anywhere in Pakistan with a diabetologist subject to their availability hours.
No, there are not any extra or hidden charges to book an appointment with a certified diabetologist in Rawalpindi via Healthwire.pk.
Yes, you can book an online consultation with the best diabetologist in Rawalpindi. Find a list of the best diabetologists in Rawalpindi providing online consultation or call at 04232500989.