Top Certified Oncologists in Rawalpindi
2 Cancer Specialist available in Rawalpindi
Also known as a Cancer doctor, Oncology Doctor, Medical Oncologist, Cancer Surgeon, Cancer Specialist, Mahir-e-Sartan, کینسر کے سپیشلسٹ ڈاکٹر and ماہر سرطان.
Sort by :
Oncology is a specialized field of medicine that deals with the study, research, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of the various types of cancer.
Who is an Oncologist?
An oncologist or cancer doctor is a medical health specialist who diagnoses, treats, prevents and manages various types of cancer.
Types of the Cancer Specialists
Majorly, oncology is divided into three major medicine areas: Medical, Surgical and Radiation. The cancer doctors in these fields are as follows:
- Medical Oncologists- These cancer doctors treat cancer using medications or chemotherapy. They also use immunotherapy or targeted therapy to treat cancer.
- Surgical Oncologists- Using surgical procedures, cancer specialists remove the cancerous tumour. For the diagnosis of cancer, these cancer doctors also perform various types of biopsies.
- Radiation Oncologists- Using radiation therapy, these oncologists cure various types of cancers.
Based on various types of cancer treatment, oncologists are further divided into many other subspecialties. Some of them are as follows:
- Pediatric Oncologists- These cancer specialists treat cancer in children and teenagers. There are certain cancers such as leukaemia, brain tumours, Ewing’s sarcoma and osteosarcoma that normally occur in children and teenagers. These cancers can also affect adults. In this case, an adult patient has to consult an adult oncologist.
- Gynecologic Oncologists- These cancer doctors treat gynaecological cancers such as cervical, uterine and ovarian cancers.
- Haematologist Oncologists- Blood-related diseases and cancers are diagnosed and treated by haematologist oncologists. These cancers include myeloma, lymphoma and leukaemia.
- Neuro-Oncologists- Cancers related to the brain, spine and peripheral nerves are treated by neuro-oncologists.
- Interventional Oncologists- These cancer doctors deal with the “minimally invasive guided cancer (tumour) therapies”.
- Urological Oncologists- Cancers of prostate glands and urological tracts are diagnosed and treated by these medical experts.
- Breast Oncologists- These cancer doctors diagnose, treat and prevent breast cancers.
- Bone and Musculoskeletal Oncologists- The cancers of the bones and soft tissues are treated by these medical experts.
- Genitourinary Oncologists- These medical experts treat urinary tract and genitals cancers.
- Gastrourinary Oncologists- Cancers of the stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, colon, rectum and anus are treated by these medical experts.
- Geriatric Oncologists- These medical specialists deal with the diagnosis and treatment of cancer in people aged 65 and above.
- Head and Neck Oncologists- These cancer doctors deal with cancers of the mouth, nasal cavity, pharynx and larynx.
- Nuclear Medicine Oncologists- These experts diagnose and treat cancer using radioactive pharmaceuticals.
Common Names of Oncologists
Oncologists in Rawalpindi are also known as
- Cancer Doctors
- Oncology Doctors
- Medical Oncologists
- Cancer Surgeons
- Cancer Specialist
- Doctors of Oncology
- کینسر کے سپیشلسٹ ڈاکٹر
- ماہر سرطان
Oncologists in Rawalpindi
Rawalpindi- is a very important commercial, industrial and administrative city of Pakistan. Rawalpindi and Islamabad collectively form the fourth largest metropolitan area in the country. Due to this, Rawalpindi is the hub of advanced medical healthcare facilities in the region. People from all over the country visit Rawalpindi to benefit from the advanced medical healthcare facilities.
From consultants to specialists, you can easily find the best doctors as per your need. Consultation with the experienced, certified best Oncologists in Rawalpindi is now just a click away via Healthwire.pk.
Diseases and Disorders Treated by Cancer Specialists
Common diseases and disorders treated by the best cancer doctors in Rawalpindi are:
- Bone Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Blood Cancer (Leukemia)
- Cervical Cancer
- Colon and Rectal Cancer
- Endometrial Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Oesophageal Cancer
- Oral Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Paediatric Oncology
- Testicular Cancer
Services and Treatments by Oncologists in Rawalpindi
Some of the common services and treatments offered by the best oncologists in Rawalpindi are:
- Physical Examinations- The cancer doctors assess the lesions, lumps, masses or a change in colour to diagnose cancer.
- Complete Blood Counts (CBC)- This test is conducted to check the abnormalities in the blood, in case of infection, anaemia, leukaemia or any other complications during the treatment.
- Flow Cytometry- A sample from the bone marrow or blood is taken to diagnose lymphoma or leukaemia.
- Biopsy- A fluid or tissue sample from the body is taken to evaluate it under the microscope. Using FNA or fine-needle aspiration, cone biopsy or core needle biopsy, the sample for biopsy is obtained.
- Imaging Studies- The cancer specialists use X-rays, MRI, CT Scan and nuclear medicine imaging to detect and diagnose cancer.
- Tumour Marker Tests- These tests are used to measure certain substances levels in the blood in case of cancer. For example, the CA-125 test is used to detect the various types of cancers and PSA is determined in order to detect prostate cancer. In case of breast cancer and ovarian cancer, BRCA1 and BRCA2 are done.
- Genomic Testing- The cancer doctors using genomic testing, identify the chromosomal properties of the tumour to identify the disease and prepare a treatment plan.
- Chemotherapy- Medication based therapy is given to the patients to treat cancer. Different drugs are used to kill the cancer cells in chemotherapy.
- Radiation Therapy- In order to shrink or kill the cancer cells, high doses of radiation are used.
- Targeted Therapy- It is a very specific cancer treatment. In this cancer cells are targeted to reduce their growth and stop their spread and division.
- Hormone Therapy- This treatment is opted mostly for prostate cancers and breast cancers, in order to stop or slow the hormone causing these cancers.
- Surgery- It is done by cancer doctors in order to remove cancerous tumours.
- Stem Cell Transplant- When cancer patients suffer from severe damage to the cells due to high doses of radiotherapy or chemotherapy. Blood forming stem cells are restored in stem cell transplants.
- Diet management and counselling sessions are also provided to cancer patients.
Our top oncologist/cancer doctor in Rawalpindi will carefully examine your condition and will draft a customized treatment plan accordingly.
Best Oncologists in Rawalpindi - Book Appointment
Now you can easily book an appointment with qualified and expert cancer doctors from every part of Rawalpindi. Healthwire’s best male and female oncologists in Rawalpindi are famous for their extensive treatment. Our top cancer specialists in Rawalpindi are practising in well-reputed hospitals and private clinics. For any queries and ambiguities, you can always reach out to us at healthwire.pk.
To book an appointment with the best oncologist in Rawalpindi you can call at 04232500989 or opt for an online video consultation anywhere from all over Pakistan with our doctor, subject to their availability hours.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the fee range of the Oncologist in Rawalpindi?
Depending upon the doctor’s practicing hospital, education and experience, the fee for a consultation with a Oncologist is between 500-3000 (PKR).
How can I book an appointment with the top Oncologist in Rawalpindi?
To book an appointment, find the list of the top Oncologist in Rawalpindi or call 04232500989. You can also opt for the video consultation anywhere in Pakistan with the Oncologist, subject to their availability hours.
How can I find the best Oncologist near me in Rawalpindi?
Visit Healthwire or download the healthwire app to get connected with the best Oncologist near you in Rawalpindi.
How can I find the most experienced Oncologist in Rawalpindi?
To connect with the most experienced Oncologist in Rawalpindi visit Healthwire. Search for the speciality you are looking for, and you’ll be directed to a list of Oncologist in the Rawalpindi. Visit the doctor’s profile to review the experience of any doctor.
How do I choose a Oncologist?
Finding and connecting with a good doctor is important for proper diagnosis and treatment. You need to consider the following points before you visit a doctor:
- Make sure the doctor is PMC verified
- Make sure the doctor is experienced
- Check for the reviews about the doctor
- Check the services that the doctor is offering
- Check the hospital in which the doctor is practicing
Who is the best Oncologist in Rawalpindi?
Following are the 5 best Oncologists in Rawalpindi:
- Dr. Sajida Kousar
- Dr. Shahid Rasul