What is a Ceruloplasmin Blood Test?
A blood ceruloplasmin blood test, also known as blood CP test or serum ceruloplasmin test is a blood test that helps to detect the level of ceruloplasmin in blood. Ceruloplasmin is a protein synthesized by life and is a serum ferroxidase.
This protein is responsible for the transport of copper through our body. Ceruloplasmin is responsible for approximately 90% copper transport of copper across our body. The level of ceruloplasmin in your blood tells about the efficient copper transport in the body.
Changes in ceruloplasmin level can indicate copper deficiency, Wilson disease or any other underlying medical condition.
What is the Blood CP Test Price in Pakistan?
The blood CP test price varies depending upon the lab and city you are choosing to get your test. However, to get a discount on ceruloplasmin blood tests from the best reliable labs in Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Multan, and other major cities, you can book your test from Healthwire.
Book Blood CP Test Online with Healthwire
To make e-health easier for you, Healthwire is providing you with the best platform to book online lab tests. You can easily book blood CP tests from the top reliable laboratories of Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, and other major cities at affordable prices.
To book your blood CP test:
- You can simply click on the lab test online via our web healthwire or Healthwire app
- Select the blood CP test or upload the prescription
- Pay in cash or online (debit/credit card, JazzCash)
- You can also opt for free home sampling
- Our representative will call you for confirmation.
- You can also call us at 042352500989 or click on the test for instant booking. You can also avail discount on the blood CP test rate if you book your test via healthwire.
Why is Blood CP Test Conducted?
A blood CP test is recommended in following cases:
- If your physician suspect that you are suffering from a metabolic disease
- To rule out the possibility of Wilson disease
- If you exhibit the signs of copper deficiency.
How is a Blood CP Test Performed?
The blood CP test is also known as serum ceruloplasmin test and requires a blood sample. For a blood CP test, a physician may require a blood sample. This blood sample is drawn from a vein in your hand or arm using a needle.
How is a Blood CP Test Result Interpreted?
Normal value of ceruloplasmin protein in adults is 14 to 40 mg/dL (0.93 to 2.65 µmol/L). Any value above or below the normal is considered abnormal.