Cardiac surgeons are medical doctors who specialize in the surgical treatment of the heart, oesophagus, lungs and other organs of the chest (thoracic). Apart from surgery, a cardiac surgeon would also diagnose and treat diseases related to these organs.
1 Top Certified Cardiac Surgeons/Heart Surgeons in Gujranwala
Also known as Cardiovascular Surgeons, General Thoracic Surgeons, Cardiac Surgeons, Congenital Heart Surgeons, Heart Surgeons, کارڈیک سرجن and دل کے ماہر سرجن
Cardiac Surgeon.Vascular Surgeon.Thoracic Surgeon
3 Years Experience
Cardiac Surgery is a specialized field of medicine that deals with the study, research, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of the various types of diseases plus disorders of the heart surgically.
Who is a Cardiac Surgeon?
A cardiac surgeon or heart surgeon is a medical health specialist who deals with the surgical treatment and prevention of heart diseases plus disorders.
Types of Cardiac Surgeons
Cardiac surgeons can simply practice general cardiac surgery or can further opt for specializations in the field of cardiac surgery. There are 12 major types of subspecialties in the field of cardiology.
Following are the 12 types of specialist cardiologists:
- General Cardiac Surgeons
- Pediatric Cardiac Surgeons
- Cardio-Thoracic Surgeons
- Vascular Surgeons
- Heart Transplant Surgeons
- Cardiac Imaging Specialists
- Heart Failure Specialists
- Congenital Heart Specialists
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialists
- Cardiac Anesthesiologists
Common Names of Cardiac Surgeons
Cardiac Surgeons in Gujranwala are also known as
- Cardiovascular Surgeons
- Heart Surgeons
- General Thoracic Surgeons
- Congenital Heart Surgeons
- Doctors of Heart Surgery
- کارڈیک سرجن
- دل کے ماہر سرجن
Cardiac Surgeons in Gujranwala
Gujranwala- the 5th most populated city of Pakistan, commonly known as the “city of wrestlers”, is famous for its food. It is also the hub of advanced medical healthcare facilities in the province. People from all over the country visit Gujranwala to benefit from the advanced medical healthcare facilities.
From consultants to specialists, you can easily find the best doctors as per your need. Consultation with the experienced, certified best cardiac surgeons in Gujranwala is now just a click away via Healthwire.pk.
Diseases and Disorders Treated by Heart Surgeons
Common diseases and disorders treated by the best heart surgeons in Gujranwala are:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Chest Pain
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Attack
- Heart Murmur
- High Cholesterol Level
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Myocardial Infarction
- Ischemic Heart Disease
- Cyanotic Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Aortic Transection
- Aortic Dissection
- Leaking of Valves of Heart
- Abnormal Enlargement of the Heart
- Atrial Septal Defects
- Ventricular Septal Defects
- Transposition of Great Arteries
- Hypoplastic left or right heart syndrome
- Coarctation of aorta
Services and Treatments by Heart Surgeons/Cardiac Surgeons in Gujranwala
Some of the common services and treatments offered by the top cardiac surgeons/heart surgeons in Gujranwala are:
- Heart Examination- Complete heart examination is done in order to diagnose and treat heart diseases and illnesses.
- Aortic Valve Surgery- It replaces and repairs aortic valves that are faulty.
- Arrhythmia Surgery- It is a surgery particularly done to correct the irregular rhythms of the heart.
- Congenital Heart Surgery- In this, cardiac surgeons treat the genetic defects of the heart.
- Myotomy/Myectomy- In this procedure, the cardiac surgeons surgically remove the portion of the heart wall that is enlarged.
- Surgical Ventricular Restoration- After a heart attack, this surgery is done in order to help the heart maintain a more normal shape so that the blood is easily pumped by the heart.
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)- It is one of the most common types of surgical procedure. In this, the cardiac surgeon takes a healthy vein or artery from any other part of the body and replaces the damaged or blocked coronary artery portion.
- Heart Valve Repair or Replacement Surgery- Using a biological or an artificial valve, the heart surgeons repair or replace the damaged or blocked valve.
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) or Pacemaker Insertion- In the case of arrhythmia, medication is the first choice of treatment. However, if the medication doesn’t work, a pacemaker is inserted under the skin of the abdomen or chest and is connected with the chambers of the heart. When the rhythm of the heart is abnormal, the pacemaker detects it and then uses electrical impulses to normalize the rhythm.
- Aneurysm Repair- A graft or patch is used to replace the weak section of the heart wall or the artery.
- Maze Surgery- This specialized surgery is done to block the electrical signals that are stray and affecting the heart.
- Heart Transplant Surgery- In this surgery, a diseased heart is replaced and removed with a healthy heart of a deceased donor.
- Total Artificial Heart (TAH) or Ventricular Assist Device Insertion- In TAH surgery, the cardiac surgeons replace the two chambers of the heart. In the case of VAD, a mechanical pump is added to the heart to support the blood flow and function of the heart.
Other common services and treatments that a best cardiac surgeon in Gujranwala can offer are:
- Aortic Surgery
- Bypass Surgery
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Heart Valve Repair/Replacement Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Mitral Valve Repair
- Stent Placement
- Thoracic Endoscopy
- Thoracic Surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Open Heart Surgery
- Aneurysm Repair
- Pacemaker and Defibrillators
- Cardiac Support Devices
- Coronary Artery Disease Treatment
- Heart Transplantation
Our best thoracic surgeons/heart surgeons in Gujranwala will carefully examine your condition and will draft a customized treatment plan accordingly.
Best Cardiac Surgeons in Gujranwala - Book Appointment
Now you can easily book an appointment with qualified and expert cardiac surgeons from every part of Gujranwala. Healthwire’s best male and female cardiac surgeons in Gujranwala are famous for their extensive treatment. Our top heart surgeons in Gujranwala are practising in well-reputed hospitals and private clinics. For any queries and ambiguities, you can always reach out to us at healthwire.pk.
To book an appointment with the best cardiac surgeon in Gujranwala you can call at 04232500989 or opt for an online video consultation anywhere from all over Pakistan with our doctor, subject to their availability hours.
Doctors for Treatment in Gujranwala
Male/Female Cardiac Surgeons
Frequently Asked Questions
Cardiac surgeons or heart surgeons are specialist surgeons who specialize in the field of heart surgery. From diagnosis to surgical treatment, prevention and follow-up of heart, a surgeon will help you with heartcare.
During the first appointment, a cardiac surgeon would ask you about your medical history, check your vital signs, may ask you for different tests and diagnostic procedures depending upon your test results, medical history etc. After this, a cardiac surgeon will prescribe you medication or a personalized treatment or surgery plan depending upon your condition.
If you are suffering from heart diseases that involve cardiac or cardiovascular surgery then you should visit the cardiac surgeon as your cardiologist would refer you to a cardiac surgeon. The cardiac surgeon would treat your heart condition surgically.
A medical doctor who specializes in the diagnoses, treatment and prevention of diseases and disorders of the heart or cardiovascular system is known as a “cardiac surgeon”, “heart specialist” or “heart doctor”. While the specialist who treats heart conditions by performing cardiac or heart surgery is known as a “cardiac surgeon”.
You need to consider the following factors while looking for a heart surgeon: Firstly, you need to narrow down your symptoms whether you are suffering from regular dizziness, high cholesterol level, high bp, chest pain, shortness of breath etc. After this, reach out to the PMDC or other medical board-certified heart doctor to get yourself treated. Then, if your condition requires surgical treatment your heart doctor will further recommend you visiting a heart surgeon. Lastly, if you still have ambiguity and want to get connected with the best cardiac surgeon/heart surgeon near you, you can easily reach out to Healthwire.pk or call at 04232500989. You can also find the list of best cardiac surgeons near you in Gujranwala, exclusively available on Healthwire.pk.
Cardiac surgery is a specialized field of medicine. It is a tough field and needs a long hour of training. Therefore, cardiac surgeons are specialist surgeons who are responsible for treating heart conditions that need surgical treatment.
Depending upon the doctor’s practising hospital, education and experience, the fee for a consultation with the best cardiac surgeon in Gujranwala is between 500-3000 (PKR).
To book an appointment, find the list of the best cardiac surgeons in Gujranwala or call at 04232500989. You can also opt for the video consultation anywhere in Pakistan with a cardiac surgeon subject to their availability hours.
No, there are not any extra or hidden charges to book an appointment with a certified cardiac surgeon or heart surgeon in Gujranwala via Healthwire.pk.
Yes, you can book an online consultation with the best cardiac surgeon or heart surgeon in Gujranwala. Find a list of the best cardiac surgeons/heart surgeons in Gujranwala providing online consultation or call at 04232500989.
Visit Healthwire.pk or download our app to get connected with the best cardiac surgeon or heart surgeon near you in Gujranwala.