Oncologists or cancer doctors are responsible for diagnosing, treating, preventing and providing follow-up of cancer using a medication, chemotherapy, radiations, targeted immunotherapy.
1 Top Certified Oncologists/Cancer Specialists in Gujranwala
Also known as a Cancer doctor, Oncology Doctor, Medical Oncologist, Cancer Surgeon, Cancer Specialist, Mahir-e-Sartan, کینسر کے سپیشلسٹ ڈاکٹر and ماہر سرطان.
Oncology is a specialized field of medicine that deals with the study, research, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of the various types of cancer.
Who is an Oncologist?
An oncologist or cancer doctor is a medical health specialist who diagnoses, treats, prevents and manages various types of cancer.
Types of the Cancer Specialists
Majorly, oncology is divided into three major medicine areas: Medical, Surgical and Radiation. The cancer doctors in these fields are as follows:
- Medical Oncologists- These cancer doctors treat cancer using medications or chemotherapy. They also use immunotherapy or targeted therapy to treat cancer.
- Surgical Oncologists- Using surgical procedures, cancer specialists remove the cancerous tumour. For the diagnosis of cancer, these cancer doctors also perform various types of biopsies.
- Radiation Oncologists- Using radiation therapy, these oncologists cure various types of cancers.
Based on various types of cancer treatment, oncologists are further divided into many other subspecialties. Some of them are as follows:
- Pediatric Oncologists
- Gynecologic Oncologists
- Haematologist Oncologists
- Urological Oncologists
- Breast Oncologists
- Bone and Musculoskeletal Oncologists
- Genitourinary Oncologists
- Gastrourinary Oncologists
- Geriatric Oncologists
- Head and Neck Oncologists
- Nuclear Medicine Oncologists
Common Names of Oncologists
Oncologists in Gujranwala are also known as
- Cancer Doctors
- Oncology Doctors
- Medical Oncologists
- Cancer Surgeons
- Cancer Specialist
- Doctors of Oncology
- کینسر کے سپیشلسٹ ڈاکٹر
- ماہر سرطان
Oncologists in Gujranwala
Gujranwala- the 5th most populated city of Pakistan, commonly known as the “city of wrestlers”, is famous for its food. It is also the hub of advanced medical healthcare facilities in the province. People visit Gujranwala to benefit from the advanced medical healthcare facilities.
From consultants to specialists, you can easily find the best doctors as per your need. Consultation with the experienced, certified best Oncologists in Gujranwala is now just a click away via Healthwire.pk.
Diseases and Disorders Treated by Cancer Specialists
Common diseases and disorders treated by the best cancer doctors in Gujranwala are:
- Bone Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Blood Cancer (Leukemia)
- Cervical Cancer
- Colon and Rectal Cancer
- Endometrial Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Oesophageal Cancer
- Oral Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Paediatric Oncology
- Testicular Cancer
Services and Treatments by Oncologists in Gujranwala
Some of the common services and treatments offered by the best oncologists in Gujranwala are:
- Physical Examinations- The cancer doctors assess the lesions, lumps, masses or a change in colour to diagnose cancer.
- Complete Blood Counts (CBC)- This test is conducted to check the abnormalities in the blood, in case of infection, anaemia, leukaemia or any other complications during the treatment.
- Biopsy- A fluid or tissue sample from the body is taken to evaluate it under the microscope. Using FNA or fine-needle aspiration, cone biopsy or core needle biopsy, the sample for biopsy is obtained.
- Chemotherapy- Medication based therapy is given to the patients to treat cancer. Different drugs are used to kill the cancer cells in chemotherapy.
- Radiation Therapy- In order to shrink or kill the cancer cells, high doses of radiation are used.
- Targeted Therapy- It is a very specific cancer treatment. In this cancer cells are targeted to reduce their growth and stop their spread and division.
- Hormone Therapy- This treatment is opted mostly for prostate cancers and breast cancers, in order to stop or slow the hormone causing these cancers.
- Surgery- It is done by cancer doctors in order to remove cancerous tumours.
Our top oncologist/cancer doctor in Gujranwala will carefully examine your condition and will draft a customized treatment plan accordingly.
Best Oncologists in Gujranwala - Book Appointment
Now you can easily book an appointment with qualified and expert cancer doctors from every part of Gujranwala. Healthwire’s best male and female oncologists in Gujranwala are famous for their extensive treatment. Our top cancer specialists in Gujranwala are practising in well-reputed hospitals and private clinics. For any queries and ambiguities, you can always reach out to us at healthwire.pk.
To book an appointment with the best oncologist in Gujranwala you can call at 04232500989 or opt for an online video consultation anywhere from all over Pakistan with our doctor, subject to their availability hours.
Oncologists in Top Hospitals of Gujranwala
Doctors for Treatment in Gujranwala
Frequently Asked Questions
On the first visit, the oncologist or cancer doctor will ask about your medical history, conduct a thorough examination, review the condition of the patient and check the test or scan reports that a person may have and then start a treatment plan.
If your general physician suspects that you are suffering from cancer then your doctor would suggest you visit an oncologist. Your physician would confirm this by your blood test reports, CT scans report and MRI. If the results of your test reports show you have cancer then the physician would recommend you to an oncologist for the proper treatment.
Depending upon the type of cancer, there are different kinds of oncologists or cancer doctors such as pediatric oncologist, breast cancer doctor, blood cancer specialist, lung cancer doctors, liver cancer doctors, bone cancer doctors etc.
You need to consider the following factors while looking for an oncologist/cancer specialist: Firstly, you need to know the type of cancer. Narrowing down the type of cancer. This will help you in reaching out to the right oncologist. The reason being that even an oncologist can treat a specific cancer type. The cancer doctor should be PMDC or other medical board certified. Lastly, if you still have ambiguity and want to get connected with the best oncologist or cancer doctor near you, you can easily reach out to Healthwire.pk or call at 04232500989. You can also find the list of best oncologists near you in Gujranwala, exclusively available on Healthwire.pk.
Depending upon the doctor’s practising hospital, education and experience, the fee for a consultation with the best oncologist in Gujranwala is between 500-3000 (PKR).
To book an appointment, find the list of the best cancer doctors in Gujranwala or call at 04232500989. You can also opt for the video consultation anywhere in Pakistan with cancer doctors subject to their availability hours.
No, there are not any extra or hidden charges to book an appointment with a certified oncologist in Gujranwala via Healthwire.pk.
Yes, you can book an online consultation with the best oncologist in Gujranwala. Find a list of the best oncologists in Gujranwala providing online consultation or call at 04232500989.
Visit Healthwire.pk or download our app to get connected with the best oncologist or cancer specialist near you in Gujranwala.