Top Certified Thoracic Surgeons in Islamabad
3 Chest Surgeon available in Islamabad
Also known as Lung Specialist, Lung Doctor, Chest Specialist, Chest Doctor, چھاتی کا سرجن Lung Surgeon, Chest Surgeon, Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Sort by :
General Surgeon • Thoracic Surgeon
Ear, Nose, Throat Specialist • ENT Surgeon • Thoracic Surgeon
Thoracic surgery is a medical branch in which refers to the study of surgical procedures performed on the chest, heart, lungs and gut cavity. It is also commonly studied under the name of chest surgery.
Thoracic surgeries are performed through either minimally invasive procedures or through sophisticated surgical procedures such as open heart surgery. Thoracic surgery procedures are performed for the repair of lungs through an infection or a trauma.
Who is a Thoracic Surgeon?
Thoracic surgeon is a certified cardiologist who has further specialised in thoracic surgery and can perform surgeries on the chest cavity. They have studied complicated surgery of the lungs, esophagus and major vessels as well. A Thoracic Surgeon is also well-qualified in treating the disorders and disabilities of the bone and muscle regions within the chest area.
Types of Thoracic Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery- a surgery performed on the heart region or the areas around it, mainly in the chest cavity.
- General Surgery - surgical procedure that is mainly carried out in the gut region.
- Pediatric Surgery- a surgical procedure carried out on the chest area of children.
- Plastic Surgery - a surgical procedure that is primarily focused on reconstruction of the chest cavity due to some trauma injury, infection or a disorder.
- Surgical Oncology - a surgical procedure that is done to remove the cancer tumor.
- Thoracic Surgery - a surgical procedure that is for treating the disorders and diseases in the throat, windpipe and chest region such as thyroid glands etc.
- Transplant Services - a surgical procedure that replaces an unhealthy disease inflicted organ with a friend but healthy one.
- Vascular Surgery- a surgical procedure primarily focused on restoring the health of veins and lymphatic system.
Common names of Thoracic Surgeons
- Cardiothoracic surgeon
- Lung Specialist,
- Lung Doctor,
- Chest Specialist,
- Chest Doctor
- چھاتی کا سرجن
Thoracic Surgeons in Islamabad
Islamabad is one of the most populous. People from all over Pakistan, visit Islamabad for healthcare services. From consultants to specialists, you can easily find the best doctors as per your need. Consultation with the experienced and certified Thoracic Surgeons in Islamabad is now just a click away via Healthwire.pk.
Diseases and Disorders Treated by Thoracic Surgeons
- Barrett's esophagus.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Cystic fibrosis (CF)
- Pectus excavatum
- Pericardial effusions
- Pleural effusions
- Pulmonary embolism
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Respiratory distress syndrome
- Respiratory failure
- Rib abnormalities
- Swallowing problems associated with myasthenia gravis
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Thyroid problem
- Tracheal disease
- GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- Hiatal hernia
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung cancer
- Mediastinal mass
- Esophageal cancer and disorders.
- Esophageal diverticulum.
Services and Treatments Thoracic Surgeons in Islamabad
A thoracotomy is performed usually to treat lung cancer using any one of the following procedures;
- Wedge resection- this procedure removes tumor tissues.
- Anatomical segmental resection- this procedure removes blood vessels, lung segments, and lymphatic drainage where the tumor is progressing.
- Lobectomy- the entire lobe of the lung is removed that has cancer.
- Pneumonectomy- the whole lung is removed with the lymph nodes.
- Pleurectomy- the whole inner lining of the chest cavity is removed.
- Video assisted thoracic surgery (VATS)- a small micro camera is inserted through an incision in the chest using a long thin tube with a small attached camera. A thoracic surgeon will operate using this small camera on high-resolution cameras.
- Robotic Thoracic surgery- Like VATS, this procedure also uses a camera incision.
Best Thoracic Surgeons in Islamabad- Book an Appointment
Now you can easily book an appointment with the qualified and expert chest doctors from every part of Islamabad. Healthwire’s male and female top Thoracic Surgeons in Islamabad are famous for their extensive treatment. Our best chest doctors in Islamabad are practising in well-reputed hospitals and private clinics. For any queries and ambiguities, you can always reach out to us at healthwire.pk. To book an appointment you can call at 04232500989 or opt for an online video consultation anywhere from all over Pakistan with our specialists, subject to their availability hours.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the fee range of the Thoracic Surgeon in Islamabad?
Depending upon the doctor’s practicing hospital, education and experience, the fee for a consultation with a Thoracic Surgeon is between 500-3000 (PKR).
How can I book an appointment with the top Thoracic Surgeon in Islamabad?
To book an appointment, find the list of the top Thoracic Surgeon in Islamabad or call 04232500989. You can also opt for the video consultation anywhere in Pakistan with the Thoracic Surgeon, subject to their availability hours.
How can I find the best Thoracic Surgeon near me in Islamabad?
Visit Healthwire or download the healthwire app to get connected with the best Thoracic Surgeon near you in Islamabad.
How can I find the most experienced Thoracic Surgeon in Islamabad?
To connect with the most experienced Thoracic Surgeon in Islamabad visit Healthwire. Search for the speciality you are looking for, and you’ll be directed to a list of Thoracic Surgeon in the Islamabad. Visit the doctor’s profile to review the experience of any doctor.
How do I choose a Thoracic Surgeon?
Finding and connecting with a good doctor is important for proper diagnosis and treatment. You need to consider the following points before you visit a doctor:
- Make sure the doctor is PMC verified
- Make sure the doctor is experienced
- Check for the reviews about the doctor
- Check the services that the doctor is offering
- Check the hospital in which the doctor is practicing
Who is the best Thoracic Surgeon in Islamabad?
Following are the 5 best Thoracic Surgeons in Islamabad:
- Dr. Tashfeen Imtiaz
- Dr. Sarim Hashmat Lodhi