Depending upon the type of cancer, there are different kinds of oncologists or cancer doctors such as pediatric oncologist, breast cancer doctor, blood cancer specialist, lung cancer doctors, liver cancer doctors, bone cancer doctors etc.
48 Top-Certified Oncologists/Cancer Specialists in Karachi
Also Known as Best Oncologists in Lahore are also known as Cancer Doctors, Oncology Doctors, Medical Oncologists, Cancer Surgeons, Cancer Specialist, Doctors of Oncology, Mahir-e-Sartan, کینسر کے سپیشلسٹ ڈاکٹر , ماہر سرطان
13 Years Experience
Gynecologist.Laparoscopic Surgeon.Oncologist.Fertility Consultant
26 Years Experience
MBBS, FCPS, MCPS, MRCS
20 Years Experience
MBBS , DMRT
21 Years Experience
14 Years Experience
29 Years Experience
MBBS, FRCPS, American Board of Oncology & Hematology
General Physician.Oncologist.Internal Medicine Specialist.Hematologist
37 Years Experience
MBBS, MD, DAIBM, DABG
16 Years Experience
7 Years Experience
MBBS, FCPS, MCPS
Who is an Oncologist?
An oncologist or cancer doctor in Karachi is a medical health specialist who diagnoses, treats, prevents, and manages various types of cancer.
What does an Oncologist in Karachi Do?
An oncologist in Karachi is a cancer specialist who deals with the diagnosis of cancer. They are also responsible for the treatment and prevention of various types of cancers.
Why Should I Visit an Oncologist?
You need to find an oncologist near you after 6 months of regular cancer-related treatments. Besides, there are many reasons to visit an ‘oncologist near me’ such as bone cancer or breast cancer, or any other type of cancer as well.
Best Oncologists in Karachi
Karachi- the capital of Sindh, is the most populated city in Pakistan. It is ranked as a beta-global city. Karachi is also the hub of advanced medical healthcare facilities. People from all over the country, especially Sindh, visit Karachi to benefit from the advanced medical healthcare facilities.
From consultants to specialists, you can easily find the best oncologist in Karachi as per your need. Consultation with the experienced, certified best
Cancer specialists in Karachi are now just a click away via Healthwire.pk.
Majorly, oncology is divided into three major medical areas: Medical, Surgical, and Radiation. The cancer doctors in these fields are as follows:
- Medical Oncologists- These cancer doctors treat cancer using medications or chemotherapy. They also use immunotherapy or targeted therapy to treat cancer.
- Surgical Oncologists- Using surgical procedures, cancer specialists remove the cancerous tumor. For the diagnosis of cancer, these cancer doctors also perform various types of biopsies.
- Radiation Oncologists- Using radiation therapy, these oncologists cure various types of cancers.
Based on various types of cancer treatment, oncologists are further divided into many other subspecialties. Some of them are as follows:
- Pediatric Oncologists- These cancer specialists in Karachi treat cancer in children and teenagers. There are certain cancers such as leukemia, brain tumors, Ewing’s sarcoma, and osteosarcoma that normally occur in children and teenagers. These cancers can also affect adults. In this case, an adult patient has to consult an adult oncologist.
- Gynecologic Oncologists- These oncologists in Karachi treat gynecological cancers such as cervical, uterine, and ovarian cancers.
- Hematologist Oncologists- Blood-related diseases and cancers are diagnosed and treated by hematologist oncologists. These cancers include myeloma, lymphoma, and leukemia.
- Neuro-Oncologists- Cancers related to the brain, spine, and peripheral nerves are treated by neuro-oncologists.
- Interventional Oncologists- These cancer doctors deal with the “minimally invasive guided cancer (tumor) therapies”.
- Urological Oncologists- Cancers of prostate glands and urological tracts are diagnosed and treated by these medical experts.
- Breast Oncologists- These cancer doctors diagnose, treat, and prevent breast cancers.
- Bone and Musculoskeletal Oncologists- The cancers of the bones and soft tissues are treated by these medical experts.
- Genitourinary Oncologists- These medical experts treat urinary tract and genitals cancers.
- Gastrourinary Oncologists- Cancers of the stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, colon, rectum, and anus are treated by these medical experts.
- Geriatric Oncologists- These medical specialists deal with the diagnosis and treatment of cancer in people aged 65 and above.
- Head and Neck Oncologists- These cancer doctors deal with cancers of the mouth, nasal cavity, pharynx, and larynx.
- Nuclear Medicine Oncologists- These experts diagnose and treat cancer using radioactive pharmaceuticals.
Which Diseases and Disorders are Treated by Cancer Specialists in Karachi?
Common diseases and disorders treated by the best cancer specialist in Karachi are:
- Bone Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Blood Cancer (Leukemia)
- Colon and Rectal Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Oral Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Paediatric Oncology
- Testicular Cancer
Which Services and Treatments are Provided by the Best Oncologists in Karachi?
The best oncologists in Karachi are notable for their cancer treatments. Some of the common services and treatments offered by the best oncologists in Karachi are:
- Physical Examinations- The top oncologist assesses the lesions, lumps, masses, or a change in color to diagnose cancer.
- Complete Blood Counts (CBC)- This test is conducted to check the abnormalities in the blood, in case of infection, anemia, leukemia, or any other complications during the treatment.
- Flow Cytometry- A sample from the bone marrow or blood is taken to diagnose lymphoma or leukemia.
- Biopsy- A fluid or tissue sample from the body is taken to evaluate it under the microscope. Using FNA or fine-needle aspiration, cone biopsy, or core needle biopsy, the sample for biopsy is obtained.
- Imaging Studies- Cancer specialists in Karachi use X-rays, MRI, CT scans, and nuclear medicine imaging to detect and diagnose cancer.
- Tumour Marker Tests- These tests are used to measure certain substance levels in the blood in case of cancer. For example, the CA-125 test is used to detect the various types of cancers and PSA is determined in order to detect prostate cancer. In the case of breast cancer and ovarian cancer, BRCA1 and BRCA2 are done.
- Genomic Testing- The cancer doctors use genomic testing, to identify the chromosomal properties of the tumor to identify the disease and prepare a treatment plan.
- Chemotherapy- Medication-based therapy is given to the patients to treat cancer. Different drugs are used to kill the cancer cells in chemotherapy.
- Radiation Therapy- In order to shrink or kill the cancer cells, high doses of radiation are used by the best cancer specialists in Karachi.
- Targeted Therapy- It is a very specific cancer treatment. In this cancer cells are targeted to reduce their growth and stop their spread and division.
- Hormone Therapy- This treatment is opted mostly for prostate cancers and breast cancers, in order to stop or slow the hormone causing these cancers.
- Surgery- It is done by cancer doctors in order to remove cancerous tumors.
- Stem Cell Transplant- When cancer patients suffer from severe damage to the cells due to high doses of radiotherapy or chemotherapy. Blood forming stem cells are restored in stem cell transplants.
Diet management and counseling sessions are also provided to cancer patients.
Our best oncologists in Karachi will carefully examine your condition and will draft a customized treatment plan accordingly.
How Can I Easily “Book Appointment” with the Best Oncologists in Karachi?
Connecting with the certified and best oncologists in Karachi has become very easy. Whether it's a male or female oncologist in Karachi, you can easily book an appointment with an oncologist of your choice anywhere, anytime.
Now you can easily book an appointment with qualified and expert cancer doctors from every part of Karachi. Healthwire’s best male and female oncologists in Karachi are famous for their extensive treatment. Our top cancer specialists in Karachi are practicing in well-reputed hospitals and private clinics. For any queries and ambiguities, you can always reach out to us at healthwire.pk.
To book an appointment with the best oncologist in Karachi you can call at 04232500989/ 02137130261 or opt for an online video consultation anywhere from all over Pakistan with our doctor, subject to their availability hours.
Oncologists in Top Hospitals of Karachi
Doctors for Treatment in Karachi
Frequently Asked Questions
Oncologists or cancer doctors are responsible for diagnosing, treating, preventing and providing follow-up of cancer using a medication, chemotherapy, radiations, targeted immunotherapy.
On the first visit, the oncologist or cancer doctor will ask about your medical history, conduct a thorough examination, review the condition of the patient and check the test or scan reports that a person may have and then start a treatment plan.
If your general physician suspects that you are suffering from cancer then your doctor would suggest you visit an oncologist. Your physician would confirm this by your blood test reports, CT scans report and MRI. If the results of your test reports show you have cancer then the physician would recommend you to an oncologist for the proper treatment.
You need to consider the following factors while looking for an oncologist/cancer specialist: Firstly, you need to know the type of cancer. Narrowing down the type of cancer. This will help you in reaching out to the right oncologist. The reason being that even an oncologist can treat a specific cancer type. The cancer doctor should be PMDC or other medical board certified. Lastly, if you still have ambiguity and want to get connected with the best oncologist or cancer doctor near you, you can easily reach out to Healthwire.pk or call at 04232500989. You can also find the list of best oncologists near you in Karachi, exclusively available on Healthwire.pk.
Depending upon the doctor’s practising hospital, education and experience, the fee for a consultation with the best oncologist in Karachi is between 500-3000 (PKR).
To book an appointment, find the list of the best cancer doctors in Karachi or call at 04232500989. You can also opt for the video consultation anywhere in Pakistan with cancer doctors subject to their availability hours.
No, there are not any extra or hidden charges to book an appointment with a certified oncologist in Karachi via Healthwire.pk.
Yes, you can book an online consultation with the best oncologist in Karachi. Find a list of the best oncologists in Karachi providing online consultation or call at 04232500989.