Top Certified Cardiac Surgeons in Quetta
1 Heart Surgeon available in Quetta
Also known as Cardiovascular Surgeons, General Thoracic Surgeons, Cardiac Surgeons, Congenital Heart Surgeons, Heart Surgeons, کارڈیک سرجن and دل کے ماہر سرجن
Sort by :
Prof. Dr. Syed Dawood Shah
Cardiologist • Cardiac Surgeon | MBBS, FCPS (Cardiology)
If you face any issue, feel free to contact us. We provide 24/7 support to assist your problems
Cardiac Surgery is a specialized field of medicine that deals with the study, research, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of the various types of diseases plus disorders of the heart surgically.
Who is a Cardiac Surgeon?
A cardiac surgeon or heart surgeon is a medical health specialist who deals with the surgical treatment and prevention of heart diseases plus disorders.
Types of Cardiac Surgeons
Cardiac surgeons can simply practice general cardiac surgery or can further opt for specializations in the field of cardiac surgery. There are 12 major types of subspecialties in the field of cardiology.
Following are the 12 types of specialist cardiologists:
- General Cardiac Surgeons- All kinds of general cardiac surgery-related procedures are performed by these specialist cardiac surgeons.
- Pediatric Cardiac Surgeons- These specialist cardiologists deal with the surgical treatment of heart disease and disorders of infants, children and teenagers.
- Cardio-Thoracic Surgeons- These heart doctors specialize in the surgical procedure of the heart, its structure, its valves, arteries and veins near it. These cardiac surgeons focus on organs like the upper abdomen, oesophagus, lungs and heart
- Vascular Surgeons- These are the highly trained cardiac surgeons who treat the diseases of the vascular system. From minimally invasive surgery to complex open surgery, these surgeons are trained in every kind of vascular surgical procedure.
- Heart Transplant Surgeons- A specialist cardiac surgeon who is fully trained in heart transplant surgeries.
- Cardiac Imaging Specialists- Advanced imaging modalities are used by these cardiologists to diagnose heart diseases. This technology includes echocardiography, stress tests with imaging, cardiac CT scans and cardiac MRI and echocardiography.
- Electrophysiologists- An electrophysiologist treats irregular or very slow heart rhythm. Cardioverter-defibrillators, pacemakers and catheter ablations are used by these cardiologists.
- Heart Failure Specialists- From diagnosing to managing symptoms and delaying the heart failure progression, these cardiologists are specialized doctors of heart failure.
- Congenital Heart Specialists- These heart specialists can be either pediatric or adult cardiologists treating congenital heart problems. Congenital heart disease is an abnormality present at the time of birth. Some of these diseases become apparent after birth or during childhood. For example, foramen ovale or hole in the heart is one such disease that gets unnoticed until late adulthood.
- Cardio-Oncologists- These cancer specialists deal in treating heart diseases that patients from cancer suffer from. There are certain toxic agents in chemotherapy and radiotherapy that damage the heart. These heart doctors minimize the risk of heart diseases due to cancer.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialists- After suffering from a heart attack, heart failure or heart surgery, these heart specialists help you in designing and monitoring the nutrition programs and supervised exercises.
- Cardiac Anesthesiologists- These are specially trained cardiologists who prepare a customised anaesthesia plan for you during any cardiac surgery procedure.
Common Names of Cardiac Surgeons
Cardiac Surgeons in Lahore are also known as
- Cardiovascular Surgeons
- Heart Surgeons
- General Thoracic Surgeons
- Congenital Heart Surgeons
- Doctors of Heart Surgery
- کارڈیک سرجن
- دل کے ماہر سرجن
Cardiac Surgeons in Quetta
Quetta is the capital of Balochistan Province and the 10th largest city of Pakistan. Apart from being famous for the “Fruit Garden of Pakistan” due to numerous fruits and dried fruits, it is also the hub of advanced medical healthcare facilities in the province. People from all over the country, especially Balochistan, visit Quetta to benefit from the advanced medical healthcare facilities.
From consultants to specialists, you can easily find the best doctors as per your need. Consultation with the experienced, certified best cardiac surgeons in Quetta is now just a click away via Healthwire.pk.
Diseases and Disorders Treated by Heart Surgeons
Common diseases and disorders treated by the best heart surgeons in Quetta are:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Chest Pain
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Attack
- Heart Murmur
- High Cholesterol Level
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Myocardial Infarction
- Ischemic Heart Disease
- Cyanotic Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Aortic Transection
- Aortic Dissection
- Leaking of Valves of Heart
- Abnormal Enlargement of the Heart
- Atrial Septal Defects
- Ventricular Septal Defects
- Transposition of Great Arteries
- Hypoplastic left or right heart syndrome
- Coarctation of aorta
Services and Treatments by Heart Surgeons/Cardiac Surgeons in Quetta
Some of the common services and treatments offered by the top cardiac surgeons/heart surgeons in Quetta are:
- Heart Examination- Complete heart examination is done in order to diagnose and treat heart diseases and illnesses.
- ECG- Also known as an electrocardiogram, is used by heart specialists to check the activity of the heart.
- Echocardiogram- It is basically the ultrasound of the heart, in which the heart doctor examines the structure and the chambers of the heart.
- Cardiac Catheterization- It is basically a small tube that is used to collect the data of the functioning of the heart along with the electrical system.
- Medication- Cardiologists will prescribe the medication to prevent blood clotting, relax and dilate the blood vessels, lower cholesterol, decrease blood pressure, reduce swelling, slow or speed up the rhythm of the heart.
- Aortic Valve Surgery- It replaces and repairs aortic valves that are faulty.
- Arrhythmia Surgery- It is a surgery particularly done to correct the irregular rhythms of the heart.
- Congenital Heart Surgery- In this, cardiac surgeons treat the genetic defects of the heart.
- Myotomy/Myectomy- In this procedure, the cardiac surgeons surgically remove the portion of the heart wall that is enlarged.
- Surgical Ventricular Restoration- After a heart attack, this surgery is done in order to help the heart maintain a more normal shape so that the blood is easily pumped by the heart.
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)- It is one of the most common types of surgical procedure. In this, the cardiac surgeon takes a healthy vein or artery from any other part of the body and replaces the damaged or blocked coronary artery portion. Due to this, it is often termed coronary artery bypass surgery or heart bypass.
- Heart Valve Repair or Replacement Surgery- Using a biological or an artificial valve, the heart surgeons repair or replace the damaged or blocked valve.
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) or Pacemaker Insertion- In the case of arrhythmia, medication is the first choice of treatment. However, if the medication doesn’t work, a pacemaker is inserted under the skin of the abdomen or chest and is connected with the chambers of the heart. When the rhythm of the heart is abnormal, the pacemaker detects it and then uses electrical impulses to normalize the rhythm.
- Aneurysm Repair- A graft or patch is used to replace the weak section of the heart wall or the artery.
- Maze Surgery- This specialized surgery is done to block the electrical signals that are stray and affecting the heart. In this surgery, the cardiac surgeons, in the upper chambers of the heart, create a scar tissue pattern. This helps in redirecting the electrical signals in a controlled manner towards the lower heat chamber.
- Heart Transplant Surgery- In this surgery, a diseased heart is replaced and removed with a healthy heart of a deceased donor.
- Total Artificial Heart (TAH) or Ventricular Assist Device Insertion- In TAH surgery, the cardiac surgeons replace the two chambers of the heart. In the case of VAD, a mechanical pump is added to the heart to support the blood flow and function of the heart.
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery- Apart from these surgeries, minimally invasive heart surgery also known as transcatheter structural heart surgery is becoming increasingly common. In this surgery, a faulty aortic valve is replaced with a valve manufactured from the animal tissue.
Other common services and treatments that a best cardiac surgeon in Quetta can offer are:
- Aortic Surgery
- Bypass Surgery
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Heart Valve Repair/Replacement Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Mitral Valve Repair
- Stent Placement
- Thoracic Endoscopy
- Thoracic Surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Open Heart Surgery
- Aneurysm Repair
- Pacemaker and Defibrillators
- Cardiac Support Devices
- Coronary Artery Disease Treatment
- Heart Transplantation
Our best thoracic surgeons/heart surgeons in Quetta will carefully examine your condition and will draft a customized treatment plan accordingly.
Best Cardiac Surgeons in Quetta - Book Appointment
Now you can easily book an appointment with qualified and expert cardiac surgeons from every part of Quetta. Healthwire’s best male and female cardiac surgeons in Quetta are famous for their extensive treatment. Our top heart surgeons in Quetta are practising in well-reputed hospitals and private clinics. For any queries and ambiguities, you can always reach out to us at healthwire.pk.
To book an appointment with the best cardiac surgeon in Quetta you can call at 04232500989 or opt for an online video consultation anywhere from all over Pakistan with our doctor, subject to their availability hours.
Doctors for Treatment in Quetta
- Doctors for Abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias) in Quetta
- Doctors for Angina in Quetta
- Doctors for Aortic dissection in Quetta
- Doctors for Atherosclerosis in Quetta
- Doctors for Coronary artery disease (artery blockage) in Quetta
- Doctors for Cyanotic heart disease in Quetta
- Doctors for Endocarditis in Quetta
- Doctors for Heart attack (heart failure/cardiac arrest/myocardial infraction) in Quetta
- Doctors for High cholesterol diseases in Quetta
- Doctors for Hypertension (high blood pressure) in Quetta
- Doctors for Mitral regurgitation in Quetta
- Doctors for Palpitations in Quetta
- Doctors for Pericarditis in Quetta
- Doctors for Pulmonary edema in Quetta
- Doctors for Rheumatic heart disease in Quetta
- Doctors for Stroke in Quetta
- Doctors for Tachycardia/atrial fibrillation in Quetta
- Doctors for Valvular heart disease in Quetta
Male/Female Heart Surgeons
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the fee range of the Cardiac Surgeon in Quetta?
Depending upon the doctor’s practicing hospital, education and experience, the fee for a consultation with a Cardiac Surgeon is between 500-3000 (PKR).
How can I book an appointment with the top Cardiac Surgeon in Quetta?
To book an appointment, find the list of the top Cardiac Surgeon in Quetta or call 04232500989. You can also opt for the video consultation anywhere in Pakistan with the Cardiac Surgeon, subject to their availability hours.
How can I find the best Cardiac Surgeon near me in Quetta?
Visit Healthwire or download the healthwire app to get connected with the best Cardiac Surgeon near you in Quetta.
How can I find the most experienced Cardiac Surgeon in Quetta?
To connect with the most experienced Cardiac Surgeon in Quetta visit Healthwire. Search for the speciality you are looking for, and you’ll be directed to a list of Cardiac Surgeon in the Quetta. Visit the doctor’s profile to review the experience of any doctor.
How do I choose a Cardiac Surgeon?
Finding and connecting with a good doctor is important for proper diagnosis and treatment. You need to consider the following points before you visit a doctor:
- Make sure the doctor is PMC verified
- Make sure the doctor is experienced
- Check for the reviews about the doctor
- Check the services that the doctor is offering
- Check the hospital in which the doctor is practicing
Who is the best Cardiac Surgeon in Quetta?
Following are the 5 best Cardiac Surgeons in Quetta:
- Prof. Dr. Syed Dawood Shah