Nephrologists or kidney doctors are specialists in diagnosing, treating and preventing various diseases and disorders of the kidney. They can help you with acute renal failure, acute kidney injury, chronic renal failure, chronic kidney disease, kidney failure, kidney infections, kidney stones etc.
6 Top Certified Nephrologists/Kidney Specialists in Quetta
Also known as Kidney Doctor, Kidney Specialist, Kidney Specialist Doctor, Renal Doctor, Nephrology Doctors, Mahir-e-imraz-e-gurda, نیفروولوجسٹ , گردے کے سپیشلسٹ ڈاکٹر
MBBS, FCPS (Medicine)
MBBS, FCPS (Nephrology)
MBBS, FCPS (Nephrology)
MBBS, FCPS (Medicine), FCPS (Nephrology)
MBBS, MCPS , FCPS
MBBS, FCPS (Nephrology)
Nephrology is a specialized field of medicine that deals with the research, study, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases plus disorders related to the kidney.
Who is a Nephrologist?
A nephrologist is a specialized medical doctor in the field of nephrology who helps patients in diagnosing and treating kidney related diseases plus disorders. From diagnosis to kidney transplant, nephrologists provide numerous services to the patients.
Types of Nephrologists
Nephrologists can either opt for practising general nephrology or they can further go for subspecialization in a narrower field of nephrology. This involves research fellowships and additional training in the concerned area.
Some of the major and common nephrology subspecialties include the following 8 types of specialists:
- General Nephrologists- All kinds of general nephrology services and treatments are catered by these specialists.
- Critical Care Nephrologists- These specialists work normally in ICU and provide treatment for the disorders of the fluids, acid-base and electrolyte along with the acute renal failure.
- Kidney Dialysis Specialists- These doctors are trained in providing dialysis services to kidney patients.
- Interventional Nephrologists- These specialized nephrologists provide the ultrasound-guided renal biopsy, ultrasonography of kidneys, insertion of the peritoneal dialysis catheters and tunnelled dialysis for the patients who undergo hemodialysis.
- Onconephrologists- These specialists deal with kidney diseases plus disorders in the patients due to cancer.
- Pediatric Nephrologists- All kinds of kidney diseases plus disorders in the children are treated by these specialist doctors.
- Preventive Nephrologists- These specialists help patients in providing preventive steps from diet to medication in order to avoid and reduce the complications of chronic kidney disease.
- Kidney Transplant Specialists- When a patient suffers from end-stage kidney disease and undergoes dialysis, they might have to get a kidney transplant. These particular specialists are experts in kidney transplant.
Apart from providing kidney-related problems, nephrologists also provide medical care in the other areas of medicine that include intensive care medicine, internal medicine, perioperative medicine, clinical pharmacology or transplant medicine.
Common Names of Nephrologists
Nephrologists in Quetta are also known as
- Kidney Doctors
- Kidney Specialists
- Kidney Specialist Doctors
- Renal Doctors
- Nephrology Doctors
- گردے کے سپیشلسٹ ڈاکٹر
Nephrologists in Quetta
Quetta is the capital of Balochistan Province and the 10th largest city of Pakistan. Apart from being famous for the “Fruit Garden of Pakistan” due to numerous fruits and dried fruits, it is also the hub of advanced medical healthcare facilities in the province. People from all over the country, especially Quetta, visit Quetta to benefit from the advanced medical healthcare facilities.
From consultants to specialists, you can easily find the best doctors as per your need. Consultation with the experienced, certified best nephrologists in Quetta is now just a click away via Healthwire.pk.
Diseases and Disorders Treated by Nephrologists
Common diseases and disorders treated by a top kidney specialist in Quetta are:
- Amyloidosis - Abnormal protein deposition in the various organs of the body and kidney as well.
- Diabetic Nephropathy- Leading causes of the various kidney diseases.
- Glomerulonephritis- Glomeruli of the kidney is affected by this disease.
- Congenital Kidney malformations
- Lupus Nephritis- Autoimmune lupus disease causes the inflammation of the kidneys.
- Nephrotic Syndrome- It is a disorder that leads to the excretion of too much protein in the urine of a person.
- Pyelonephritis- In this, both kidneys are infected due to a urinary tract infection.
- Polycystic Kidney Disease- It is a genetic disorder, in which cysts in cluster form are developed in the kidney.
- Renal Obstruction- It is caused by various reasons such as enlarged prostate, tumours, kidney stones etc.
- Renal Failure- In this disease, the waste products from the blood are not filtered by the kidney.
- Renal Stenosis- In this condition, due to hypertension, the arteries related to the kidney are narrowed.
- Kidney Cancer
Services and Treatments by Nephrologists/ Kidney Specialists in Quetta
Some of the common services and treatments offered by the top and best kidney doctors in Quetta are:
- Bone Biopsy- It is done by nephrologists to manage and monitor the bone disorders linked with chronic kidney disease or kidney cancer.
- Kidney Ultrasonography- This procedure is used by the nephrologist to guide certain medical procedures or help to monitor the disease.
- Percutaneous Needle Biopsy- This procedure is used to obtain the specimen of the kidney by inserting a needle via the abdomen.
- Kidney Dialysis- This procedure is used to remove the excess fluid and waste from the blood. This procedure is done when kidneys fail to perform their normal function.
Other common services a kidney doctor in Quetta can offer:
- Diabetes management
- Chronic kidney disease
- Interventional nephrology
- Kidney stones treatment
- Kidney transplants
- Kidney biopsies
- Renal replacement therapy
- End-stage kidney disease treatment
Our best nephrologist/kidney specialist in Quetta will carefully examine your condition and will draft a customized treatment plan accordingly.
Best Nephrologists/Kidney Specialists in Quetta - Book Appointment
Now you can easily book an appointment with qualified and expert kidney doctors from every part of Quetta. Healthwire’s best male and female nephrologists/kidney specialists in Quetta are famous for their extensive treatment. Our top nephrologists/kidney specialists in Quetta are practising in well-reputed hospitals and private clinics. For any queries and ambiguities, you can always reach out to us at healthwire.pk.
To book an appointment with the best nephrologist in Quetta you can call at 04232500989 or opt for an online video consultation anywhere from all over Pakistan with our doctor, subject to their availability hours.
Nephrologists in Top Hospitals of Quetta
Doctors for Treatment in Quetta
Frequently Asked Questions
The first visits are usually simple, as the nephrologists take their time in knowing your medical history, they would examine your condition. In order to get to know about the condition of your kidney, the nephrologist will order some blood or urine tests. An ultrasound would also be done if needed.
If you are suffering from any signs and symptoms of pain with vomiting and nausea, severe pain that makes it difficult to stand still or be comfortable. All these are signs and symptoms related to kidney issues. From consultation to treatment, your nephrologist or kidney doctor will help you in drafting the customized treatment plan as per your condition.
A nephrologist or kidney doctor treats diseases and disorders related to the kidney such as kidney stones, diabetes, kidney failure etc.
You need to consider the following factors while looking for a nephrologist: The symptoms you are suffering from and the kidney-related issues such as blood in urine, kidney pain, kidney stones, etc. Narrowing down your kidney related issue and treatment you want whether surgical or non-surgical. The nephrologist should be PMDC or other medical board certified. Lastly, if you still have ambiguity and want to get connected with the best nephrologist near you, you can easily reach out to Healthwire.pk or call at 04232500989. You can also find the list of best nephrologists near you in Quetta, exclusively available on Healthwire.pk.
Depending upon the doctor’s practising hospital, education and experience, the fee for a consultation with the best nephrologist/kidney doctor in Quetta is between 500-3000 (PKR).
To book an appointment, find the list of the best nephrologists in Quetta or call at 04232500989. You can also opt for the video consultation anywhere in Pakistan with a nephrologist subject to their availability hours.
No, there are not any extra or hidden charges to book an appointment with a certified nephrologist in Quetta via Healthwire.pk.
Yes, you can book an online consultation with the best nephrologist in Quetta. Find a list of the best nephrologists in Quetta providing online consultation or call at 04232500989.