A Podiatrist is a foot and ankle doctor.
Podiatry or Podiatric Medicine
Podiatry or podiatric medicine is a branch of medicine that specifically studies the disorders and deformities of ankles, feet, and lower limb areas. Podiatry is a relatively new field of medicine, however, it is one of the most acknowledged and high in demand specialities currently.
What does a Podiatrist do?
A doctor of podiatric medicine or commonly known as a Podiatrist is a healthcare medical physician who diagnoses and treats disorders and impairments related to the foot, ankle and lower extremities. A podiatrist does not necessarily go through a traditional school of medicine in order to complete the specialization.
When to Consult a Podiatrist?
A podiatrist should be consulted when you are either advised by your primary care physician or you experience any of the following problems in your lower limbs.
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Diabetic foot care, infection management, and amputation prevention
- Foot deformities
- Hammer’s toe
- Heel and arch pain/plantar fasciitis/Achilles tendinitis
- Injuries, breaks, and sprains
- Skin and nail conditions
Foot and Ankle Disorders | Services and Treatment by a Podiatrist
Some of the treatments and services offered by a Podiatrist are;
- They will carefully study and diagnose any foot or nail-related problems such as skin and nail disease, congenital deformities, ulcers or tumor formation on the ankle or foot.
- A podiatrist might be the only qualified doctor to treat conditions like heel problems, arch problems, cysts on skin or inside, heel spurs, short lower limbs, shortened tendons, bone disorders.
- Create flexible casts to hold the foot and manage the fracture injuries in place.
- Talk and plan with patients for effective preventive foot care.
- Refer patients to other specialists when other symptoms appear.
Certified Podiatrists in Pakistan | Just a Click Away!
Podiatrists in Pakistan have licensed medical healthcare practitioners having a certification of podiatry followed by a house job or residency in podiatry, in which they learn how to diagnose, treat and prevent foot and ankle disorders. Pakistan has many best podiatrists who are working in various settings that include both hospitals and private clinics. The specialist in this particular branch of medicine can further choose a specific area within podiatry or even other fields of medicine.
In order to help you, Healthwire.pk is providing you with easy access to Pakistan’s best podiatrists. Healthwire is associated with the PMDC certified podiatrist. You can find the complete list of both male and female podiatrists all over Pakistan with their detailed information of expertise, practising location, and timings. You can easily book an “Online Appointment” or even Opt for “Video Consultation” at your own ease, anywhere, anytime all over Pakistan by either Calling us at 04232500989 or download our Healthwire App to book appointments.
Top Podiatrist in Pakistan
Frequently Asked Questions
If there is an impairment, an autoimmune disease, distortion of your foot or a problem due to injury of the foot you should consult with a podiatrist.
Yes. Treatments are usually scheduled if there is a serious underlying problem with your foot or lower extremity.
You should initially refer to your primary care physician and should consider podiatrist consultation in case you are referred to one by your doctor.